Marijuana
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Unregistered

Marijuana

Are we the only department that can't do searches of vehicles that smell like weed? Other agencies are still doing it from what I heard. Just another idiotic order from the admin. What a joke.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are we the only department that can't do searches of vehicles that smell like weed? Other agencies are still doing it from what I heard. Just another idiotic order from the admin. What a joke.
    Yes we are

Unregistered
    did I miss a memo? what are you talking about?

Unregistered
    did I miss a memo? what are you talking about?

No memo just an email saying we cant search if we smell pot. We have to question them further and look for things like baggies and scales before we search.

Unregistered
    I'm a bit confused. If you read the article attached to the Chief's email, it specifically states, "Agencies should immediately adopt policies to reduce or eliminate the risk of erroneously arresting someone in legal possession of a hemp
    product. Failure to promptly do so may result in a finding of an unconstitutional policy, custom, or practice, which is a predicate to agency liability under a Section 1983 theory."

So, the Chief sent out an email and in my estimation the email institutes a policy that protects YOU, the OFFICER, of exactly what the article states could happen (which could be a claim of false arrest against YOU and the agency). And your upset because....???? So, what you are saying is that instituting a policy to protect an officer is idiotic? I don't follow your logic.

Unregistered
    I'm a bit confused. If you read the article attached to the Chief's email, it specifically states, "Agencies should immediately adopt policies to reduce or eliminate the risk of erroneously arresting someone in legal possession of a hemp
    product. Failure to promptly do so may result in a finding of an unconstitutional policy, custom, or practice, which is a predicate to agency liability under a Section 1983 theory."

So, the Chief sent out an email and in my estimation the email institutes a policy that protects YOU, the OFFICER, of exactly what the article states could happen (which could be a claim of false arrest against YOU and the agency). And your upset because....???? So, what you are saying is that instituting a policy to protect an officer is idiotic? I don't follow your logic.

Good faith???

Unregistered
    Good faith???
    The “Good Faith” doctrine would only provide some protection if and only if you articulated the Holy Ghost out of weed case given the new law, the capabilities of current presumptive testing kits and that of our local labs. You really need to read over the material that was attached to the Chief’s email.

Unregistered
    The “Good Faith” doctrine would only provide some protection if and only if you articulated the Holy Ghost out of weed case given the new law, the capabilities of current presumptive testing kits and that of our local labs. You really need to read over the material that was attached to the Chief’s email.
    Thanks again for your twisted interpretation of the law chief.

Unregistered
    Thanks again for your twisted interpretation of the law chief.
    Everything that comes out of his mouth is twisted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast