A suspension wasnt good enough?

Unregistered

A suspension wasnt good enough?

Again, a officer by himself confronts a suspect that might have a gun according to the call. Suspect is not complying, and multiple subjects are taunting and physically pulling at the officer while he is trying to control the suspect. The video does show suspect being held by front and back of neck, but doesnt show suspect grasping for air. But wait, the officer used curse words under duress in a attempt to get these mulitple subjects to back off of him. This hold appeared to last about five seconds. Just isnt anything that could be done to redeem this officer? Lets just fire him, check the politically correct box, take none of the mitigating circumstances under consideration. A true reflection of todays Law Enforcement leaders.

Unregistered
    To bad to hear about BL, good cop, and I would like to see more consistency, like why are the two knuckleheads from Largo Med ER still at work? I guess the staffing is more important than Integerity to the shift Lt,'s including the two shift Lt's who now want to be majors, but were not allowed to work by themselves as patrol Sgts., or the fact POP rountinely gets in pursuits, then calls a patrol sgt or Lt to say " uhhhh, that was not what it sounded like on the radio"

Unregistered
    It has nothing to do with staffing, and everything to do with who you know around here.

Unregistered

Angry

Yeah! Very sad about Livernois. He was one of the best cops I’ve seen come through this agency. I heard the command staff did him wrong. This guy goes out of his way and gets rifle plates to protect officers and gets screwed by the command staff. Liver will always be a damn good cop no matter what. Remember if they can do this to him they can do it to anyone. Watch your backs!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah! Very sad about Livernois. He was one of the best cops I’ve seen come through this agency. I heard the command staff did him wrong. This guy goes out of his way and gets rifle plates to protect officers and gets screwed by the command staff. Liver will always be a damn good cop no matter what. Remember if they can do this to him they can do it to anyone. Watch your backs!!!!
    Really? One of the best? Get out of here with that nonsense.

Unregistered
    To bad to hear about BL, good cop, and I would like to see more consistency, like why are the two knuckleheads from Largo Med ER still at work? I guess the staffing is more important than Integerity to the shift Lt,'s including the two shift Lt's who now want to be majors, but were not allowed to work by themselves as patrol Sgts., or the fact POP rountinely gets in pursuits, then calls a patrol sgt or Lt to say " uhhhh, that was not what it sounded like on the radio"
    You obviously don't work there or you would know none of what you said was true.

Unregistered

Major Douche

What a BS test Chaney! Can’t even write a coherent test. What was the point? What a shit show. And this clown is now a Major???

Unregistered
    Clearly, you have no knowledge about staffing or what happens on the road or in POP. Keep up the good work sitting under a tree.

Unregistered
    When you watch the NYPD Officers getting attacked with water and buckets and taking no action, I cant help but think Liv was fired for something that several people involved in trying to free the suspect Liv had should have been arrested, they were not. Since there was no consequences for their actions, it will happen again. Not to mention what the average police officer has learned from this firing. Under challenging circumstances involving multiple people physically attacking you the only thing our leaders saw was what they thought to be a choke hold. It was not a choke hold, it was a control hold in the front and back of suspects head to keep him immobile, while having to deal with people physically grabbing him from several directions. What is disturbing is Liv could have used much more extreme force and would have been legally justified, he didnt. He used foul language, when being confronted by multiple subjects, it any speech can avoid a confrontation then it is a win. Sometimes, the people your dealing with understand your not playing and things are about to get worse. This same exact scenario could have just as easily been justifed under the totality of the circumstances, had a cop and not a politically correct Administrator made the decision. Cops are generally supported by the public, its our administrators that are the reason we know longer feel supported.