FHP’s new gun? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Block training is something Troop B started last year. Instead of having a ton of different training dates throughout the year, they do the required annual training in one week blocks. So instead of having to go to firearms one month, DT the next and CPR another, you do it all at once and then you are done for the year. It makes it much easier for all involved.
    I agree we like it here in Troop C too.

Unregistered
    I agree we like it here in Troop C too.
    All Troops will be doing block training.

Unregistered
    Hey getting the glock is good news for any trooper who can't shoot. Just think about it, glock came in dead last in the 1st trials and if we have them, then it's only because they bullied the patrol via law suits into buying them. So if I don't qualify or if I miss and hit a civilian in an OIS, then, I just can't help it, we were given the inferior gun based on the 1st trials. I smell more law suits coming.

Unregistered
    Hey getting the glock is good news for any trooper who can't shoot. Just think about it, glock came in dead last in the 1st trials and if we have them, then it's only because they bullied the patrol via law suits into buying them. So if I don't qualify or if I miss and hit a civilian in an OIS, then, I just can't help it, we were given the inferior gun based on the 1st trials. I smell more law suits coming.
    Pull, Aim, Shoot. All pistols work in that order. If you can’t hit anything, probably ain’t the type pistol your using.

Unregistered
    Pull, Aim, Shoot. All pistols work in that order. If you can’t hit anything, probably ain’t the type pistol your using.
    Interesting that in the 1st round of testing all of the "poorer" shooters shot the sig and walther way better than the glock. I wonder why if it's so simple.

Unregistered
    Interesting that in the 1st round of testing all of the "poorer" shooters shot the sig and walther way better than the glock. I wonder why if it's so simple.
    You said it. The problem is “poorer” shooter not the pistol. The remedy is called practice. The Sig is not an autonomous firearm and still requires shooting skill to use effectively.

Unregistered
    You said it. The problem is “poorer” shooter not the pistol. The remedy is called practice. The Sig is not an autonomous firearm and still requires shooting skill to use effectively.
    Well while you are right to an extent, sometimes the better tool makes the job easier. Why put a small Phillips head screw in with a large Phillips head screw driver. While a very skilled person might be able to do it, a small head phillips will do much better for everyone. Face it, don't be a glock fan boy, glock took last, because there are much better tools out there. I just hope the patrol made the right decision and went with the better tool instead of just a fat headed screw driver.

Unregistered
    Agreed many agencies including my own just switched to them. You will enjoy it.

Unregistered

Bro

The Glock 45 is the only gun that had major malfunction in testing. The magazine failed early in testing and they still picked it because of price. They did no further testing. That means that the chain of command has no care when it comes to your safety. Be safe troopers.

Unregistered
    The Glock 45 is the only gun that had major malfunction in testing. The magazine failed early in testing and they still picked it because of price. They did no further testing. That means that the chain of command has no care when it comes to your safety. Be safe troopers.
    Only care about the money I get it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast