My dream is to work at the Highlands Country - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by blaise84 View Post
    I've got 2 years experience in North Florida, but I am interested in relocating to South Florida. However, I'd like to live and work someplace with a manageable Cost of Living. Highlands seems to fit the bill. Is there anything I should be aware of before applying? Morale issues or anything? The Highlands boards is pretty quiet and the information I'm seeing is outdated. Thanks, folks, be careful out there.

Reference:
    explainer video
    Best advice you'll ever get: look for a gig outside law enforcement, the whole profession is a sinking ship.

Unregistered
    I am also interested in HCSO. I am guessing they will sponsor non-certified at the academy? What are the shifts like? What hours? Do deputies rotate shifts monthly? Is there a lot of micro-managing going on or does the brass leave you alone as long as you do your job? I am interested in the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks for the info.

Unregistered
    Just saw a similar post on the Glades S/O forum. If you want a place where you aren’t micromanaged, go one county to the East.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just saw a similar post on the Glades S/O forum. If you want a place where you aren’t micromanaged, go one county to the East.
    If you aren't a lazy POS cop that whines about everything, you don't have to worry about being micromanaged anymore. And no, you don't have to be a good ole boy to not be micromanaged. Just do the job they pay you for and you won't have any issues.

It sounds like you're the one that needs to go to hillbilly goat-f*** town, not everyone else.

Unregistered
    It sounds like you're the one that needs to go to hillbilly goat-f*** town, not everyone else.

LMAO! Like Highlands County is some super populated metropolitan area. Highlands isn’t any less of a hillbilly goat-f*** area than Hardee, Desoto, Glades, Okeechobee.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you aren't a lazy POS cop that whines about everything, you don't have to worry about being micromanaged anymore. And no, you don't have to be a good ole boy to not be micromanaged. Just do the job they pay you for and you won't have any issues.
    Well I shouldn't have any issues then. I like to work. Not sit around at the sub stations or HQ. I like the idea of proactive patrol.

Just wondering, how many openings do you guys have?

FHP1

Dream Job !! Wow

Highlands County has to have a collection of Deputies that couldnt make it in a Major Law Enforcement Agency !! Obviously theres very good Deputies that work here but most of the "good ol boys " could never operate in a major setting !! I dont think its training !! Try Orange County , Volusia , Polk foresure !! Bad agency with too much dislime for minorites !

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by FHP1 View Post
    Highlands County has to have a collection of Deputies that couldnt make it in a Major Law Enforcement Agency !! Obviously theres very good Deputies that work here but most of the "good ol boys " could never operate in a major setting !! I dont think its training !! Try Orange County , Volusia , Polk foresure !! Bad agency with too much dislime for minorites !
    FHP is hardly a "Major Law Enforcement Agency". Stick to being a ticket maid and revenue generator for the state and leave police work to real cops. Based on what you've written thus far, I'm confident Buck Savage has a better chance of getting a case successfully prosecuted in comparison to you.

Unregistered

Lightbulb

Thanks, there are so many tips and updates on the profession here. I am currently preparing for a job fair and am looking for similar information to provide to students. It was difficult to decide in what form to do this and I read https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/my-dream-job/ to find inspiration for the announcement. Most likely, everyone has a dream job and I need to provide it from the best side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12