What will it take to keep you all from leaving? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    From the mouth of the Sheriff himself when asked about improving morale. "I don't care about morale. I'll just them a raise come election time and they will back me."

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What about a vote of no confidence?
    I am an outsider who is not afraid of the sheriff. If you or anyone else can accurately tell me how many deputies you are short and provide proof it will help me start the process. I am not running for sheriff and don’t care to. I just want to see the hard working men and women of this agency taken better care of. Also the citizens deserve better. I have zero fukks to give about staff. Give up the facts and let me
    Roll with it. The last thing bill wants is to match wits and cut downs with me. He isn’t bright enough and i am moron (with giant balls). True story.

Unregistered

Toxic Enviro"

Is your starting pay moving to 50k in October?
    Irrelevant. Way below Industry Standard, tho'.

Unregistered
    I am an outsider who is not afraid of the sheriff. If you or anyone else can accurately tell me how many deputies you are short and provide proof it will help me start the process. I am not running for sheriff and don’t care to. I just want to see the hard working men and women of this agency taken better care of. Also the citizens deserve better. I have zero fukks to give about staff. Give up the facts and let me
    Roll with it. The last thing bill wants is to match wits and cut downs with me. He isn’t bright enough and i am moron (with giant balls). True story.
    What process?

Unregistered
    What process?
    The process of banging your mom. Now figure out how many deputies you are short and quit asking stupid questions

Unregistered
    The process of banging your mom. Now figure out how many deputies you are short and quit asking stupid questions
    It's hard to say really. When they hire someone who hasn't even been to the academy yet, they fill a vacancy even though they aren't qualified for the position yet and may never be. We are getting what seems like several emails a day with more than one name on it for retirements and resignations. Resignations are at an all time high.

Leadership has read in Police Magazine that this is a national trend. You know, people not wanting to be cops anymore and this generation not committing to a job. However, what is NOT a national trend and unique to CCSO, is most of our cops are leaving to go onto other law enforcement agencies to be COPS! After we spend the time, money, resources, ect. of getting them ready for a career here with Charlotte County SO and we ruin the opportunity to retain these members because of the way we treat them.

It is common practice to violate overtime laws and deny them the overtime pay that they are due every pay period as a result of late arrests, completing paperwork, ect after shift. When our guys talk to their friends to the north and south, they find out that Charlotte County is unique in its ability to violate federal law with impunity.

During Covid, our guys had to use sick time and still are using sick time whenever someone passed a co-worker who tested positive even if you show no symptoms yourself. That is of course if you are low on sick time, then you can just self-monitor.

When we talk to the guys and girls that we went to the academy with only a couple of years ago, we find out how much better they are doing financially. The Boss apologizes in emails saying that the county is poor and we just don't have the tax base to support giving us a proper raise, however, when you look into it, it turns out that Charlotte County has one of the highest tax rates in the NATION!

Here's the data:

http://www.tax-rates.org/florida/cha...y_property_tax

So, if you are a Charlotte County resident, you have to ask the question. If your taxes aren't going to the salary of your first responders, where is it going? We know it's not going to teachers either, being a retirement community.

Unregistered
    It's hard to say really. When they hire someone who hasn't even been to the academy yet, they fill a vacancy even though they aren't qualified for the position yet and may never be. We are getting what seems like several emails a day with more than one name on it for retirements and resignations. Resignations are at an all time high.

Leadership has read in Police Magazine that this is a national trend. You know, people not wanting to be cops anymore and this generation not committing to a job. However, what is NOT a national trend and unique to CCSO, is most of our cops are leaving to go onto other law enforcement agencies to be COPS! After we spend the time, money, resources, ect. of getting them ready for a career here with Charlotte County SO and we ruin the opportunity to retain these members because of the way we treat them.

It is common practice to violate overtime laws and deny them the overtime pay that they are due every pay period as a result of late arrests, completing paperwork, ect after shift. When our guys talk to their friends to the north and south, they find out that Charlotte County is unique in its ability to violate federal law with impunity.

During Covid, our guys had to use sick time and still are using sick time whenever someone passed a co-worker who tested positive even if you show no symptoms yourself. That is of course if you are low on sick time, then you can just self-monitor.

When we talk to the guys and girls that we went to the academy with only a couple of years ago, we find out how much better they are doing financially. The Boss apologizes in emails saying that the county is poor and we just don't have the tax base to support giving us a proper raise, however, when you look into it, it turns out that Charlotte County has one of the highest tax rates in the NATION!

Here's the data:

So, if you are a Charlotte County resident, you have to ask the question. If your taxes aren't going to the salary of your first responders, where is it going? We know it's not going to teachers either, being a retirement community.
    All great points! I think it’s also VERY important to mention ALL the new home building in the area, and the super inflated property values. We aren’t adding staff for the increased population, or funds. Where is the money?

Unregistered

Here's the data:

What Skippy Prummell isn't telling you is he in funded through the county general fund AND has his own millage allocated to public safety. It was set up by Cameron that way years ago because Cameron knew Commissioner's at the time (Starr and Skidmore) were on his ass about the budget. If those 2 could get one more - Cameron was done. He talked the Commission into letting him "defend" himself on the tax bill and ballot box. As the construction soars, so does Prummell's budget proportionately (nee Save our Homes).

What Skippy also doesn't tell you is how he has grown the command staff to the largest in the history. Look at his Special Operations unit or whatever the Hell Clemens and other's were part of. Look at the promotions to LT and ABOVE -- all Skippy's good ole boy friends from D1 (where SO1 HIMESELF WAS NEVER A STREET COP) or guys he met as SO1 was a detective (Matty Dowling -- DOUCHEBAG AND UNQUALIFIED!)

Don't worry about the teachers. The board of education has their own taxes. Plus you add all the Federal Block Grants for training and Forefeiture funds (slush fund) and donations (K9 - who has bigger EARS -- DFC STELLA or the k9????)

Unregistered
    You might fool someone into thinking you know what you are talking about.

Referring to that wife beater and stalker, Skidmore like it was some sort of golden era? He stalks around D1 getting trespassed from businesses as a hobby now. Lets hear some more about his budget concerns... please!

Lol Meth.

Unregistered
    What Skippy Prummell isn't telling you is he in funded through the county general fund AND has his own millage allocated to public safety. It was set up by Cameron that way years ago because Cameron knew Commissioner's at the time (Starr and Skidmore) were on his ass about the budget. If those 2 could get one more - Cameron was done. He talked the Commission into letting him "defend" himself on the tax bill and ballot box. As the construction soars, so does Prummell's budget proportionately (nee Save our Homes).

What Skippy also doesn't tell you is how he has grown the command staff to the largest in the history. Look at his Special Operations unit or whatever the Hell Clemens and other's were part of. Look at the promotions to LT and ABOVE -- all Skippy's good ole boy friends from D1 (where SO1 HIMESELF WAS NEVER A STREET COP) or guys he met as SO1 was a detective (Matty Dowling -- DOUCHEBAG AND UNQUALIFIED!)

Don't worry about the teachers. The board of education has their own taxes. Plus you add all the Federal Block Grants for training and Forefeiture funds (slush fund) and donations (K9 - who has bigger EARS -- DFC STELLA or the k9????)
    Okay Tax master, I'll bite. You say BP has two sources of tax income. Help me understand. His budget is his budget, correct? Or is what he proposes to the BOCC just for his cut of general funds? Then, he gets the public safety funds on top of that?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast