Where are the deputies going to come from?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Where are the deputies going to come from?

Looking at this Channel 13 article it appears the VCSO/Volusia County Schools are in quite the pinch. Chitwood says he needs to hire 100 more deputies to comply with state law.

http://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/n...puty-positions

In the article there was the comment about sending out letters to the retired deputies. Wonder what this letter is going to say?

Chitwood mentioned in the article two reasons why retired deputies might be reticent in wanting to come back. One was pay and the other was the fear of being ambushed. I don't know if either of those two reasons are legitimate. A deputy retires and they are pretty solid financially (or else they would not retire). And as for a fear of being ambushed that might apply for a few...but I do not see it for the majority.

This might be another case of using the GS4 company like he did in the courthouse for the deputy shortages in 2017.

Unregistered
    Recently retired deputy here.
    Not a chance I would come back and if I got a letter from Chitwood, I would wipe my ass with it. An ambush is bottom on the list of reasons I wouldn’t come back. Chitwood and his idiotic policies is at the top. If this is his plan, he should stop getting butt hurt and treating people like assholes as they walk out the door.

This guy is seriously dense. He was asked about deputies leaving before and his response was “F uck em. I got a job for 4 years.” Now it’s hey can you please come back. GIve me a break. This guy needs to be on meds.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not a chance I would come back and if I got a letter from Chitwood, I would wipe my ass with it. An ambush is bottom on the list of reasons I wouldn’t come back. Chitwood and his idiotic policies is at the top. If this is his plan, he should stop getting butt hurt and treating people like assholes as they walk out the door.

This guy is seriously dense. He was asked about deputies leaving before and his response was “F uck em. I got a job for 4 years.” Now it’s hey can you please come back. GIve me a break. This guy needs to be on meds.
    Thank you for your service. Congratulations on being able to successfully retire (something that Szabo, Jenkins, Long, Charlie Brown, et al) were not able to do.

Chitwood is learning a serious leadership lesson.

Unregistered

You are the best! Thank you for telling it like it is!! Somehow this message needs to get to the public so this asshole does not get re-elected. Maybe a confidence (or lack of) vote by the Union with a nice write up in the papers and on the news channels would help spread the word???

Unregistered

Sounds like you got run off. There were several people in the upper management that did us all a favor and bailed. Maybe you were one of them. CM is the first to come to mind. If this is you, thank you for leaving.

Unregistered
    Sounds like you got run off. There were several people in the upper management that did us all a favor and bailed. Maybe you were one of them. CM is the first to come to mind. If this is you, thank you for leaving.
    I am sorry that Chico punished you. He is so much more of a better leader than Timmy. Timmy that is a #metoo violating fool. Timmy that did ( and does) off duty employment with proper authorization. But since his role model his Mexico Mike we should expect situational ethics from those three amigos (Mexico Mike, Timmy, and Johnny).

Sorry that Chico disciplined you.

Unregistered
    I am sorry that Chico punished you. He is so much more of a better leader than Timmy. Timmy that is a #metoo violating fool. Timmy that did ( and does) off duty employment with proper authorization. But since his role model his Mexico Mike we should expect situational ethics from those three amigos (Mexico Mike, Timmy, and Johnny).

Sorry that Chico disciplined you.
    Nope. Never been disciplined by him. In fact, never worked directly under him. A leader he was not. A BS’er, he was. But then again, what do you expect from someone that put in 2-3 hours per day. He spent more time making guns and hanging out at home than he ever did working.

Unregistered

I do agree the retirees receiving those letters are terrified of being ambushed. But it's not by the bad guy it's by the untrustworthy ass hole sending the letter. There would be no administrative support from the top. You would be functioning as and SRD not and armed security guard. The requires interaction with the students and all the possible liability involved. I

Unregistered
    I do agree the retirees receiving those letters are terrified of being ambushed. But it's not by the bad guy it's by the untrustworthy ass hole sending the letter. There would be no administrative support from the top. You would be functioning as and SRD not and armed security guard. The requires interaction with the students and all the possible liability involved. I
    Careful. Chitwood or one of his two advocates that are always coming on here will say you are slandering him. I do not know of any retired deputies that would want to come back. And it is because of Chitwood. Not Pay. Not fears of being ambushed by an intruder. But because of Chitwood. I would love to hear of any retired deputy that wants to come back to work for Chitwood.

Unregistered
    Careful. Chitwood or one of his two advocates that are always coming on here will say you are slandering him. I do not know of any retired deputies that would want to come back. And it is because of Chitwood. Not Pay. Not fears of being ambushed by an intruder. But because of Chitwood. I would love to hear of any retired deputy that wants to come back to work for Chitwood.
    Most of the active staff-sworn and civilian- don't want to work for Shitwood, but bills have to be paid and families need taken care of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast