This town needs an enema - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Agree

I believe most agree with what has already been said. Although some were promoted that we may not agree with, it is no fault of their own. I don't think we really expect someone to turn down a promotion when they have been chosen. Instead we should be pissed at the process. I wouldn't call it a coincidence that we typically know who is getting promoted prior to the testing. As far as passing the test, well you can only fail one part (multiple choice). Let's be honest, if you can't pass a MC test, you probably shouldn't be employed anyways. As far as the other 2 parts of the test, they are subjective and certain people will score whatever "they" want you to. Our current state has been in the making for several years. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has more than 5 minutes here. No offense to any newer employees but unless you have prior connections to SCSO you probably don't fully grasp or have knowledge of how certain people are in certain places. I'm glad to see people are finally speaking up and I hope the admin actually starts listening instead of telling us they want to hear the truth when they really don't. I feel the time is now and this maybe the last opportunity for change until many push for the elusive "U".

Unregistered
    DL, quick break out the Snow Cones! Nothing soothes dissension like flavored ice!

Unregistered

Unregistered

Find all your favorites!

Unregistered

The beginning of the end

The only problem now is the sheep outnumber the wolves and they are content with not doing their job. The sheep don't want to work, they just want to impress people with their shiny uniform. Or show off their new ideas like holding "free hugs" signs in shopping centers. How about emails containing PC for assault on LEO'S and ending them with Just FYI, instead of P.S. he was 10-15'd?

Proactivity is met with "them" only looking for policy violations ultimately suppressing the core value of law enforcement, LAW ENFORCEMENT.

FTD's that recommend a trainee not move forward are overruled by the echelon because it would mean the hiring committee made a mistake. Somebody is gonna get hurt because of these people. If ever there was an agency that confirms the old adage, you **** up you move up, this is it.

Anybody been to the jail recently? What a joke. Inmates yelling, not listening to orders, acting out on detention staff. Deputies just taking it for fear of getting a complaint? A complaint? From an inmate? In jail? The inmates now have kiosks to complain directly to the top? How long before we have to start writing apology letters?

Your ship is sinking, just keep smiling, all the way to the bottom.

Unregistered
    Man has this place changed over the past few years. Now I would say that DL did not dig us in this hole with pay in just the year he has been at the top. This has been building up for years.Also Letting us being able to choose a new weapon was a nice move and I appreciate that. But with that being said he has done absolutely nothing to improve the morale or pay scale. He look to us for ways to save money but then brings back the undersheriff position and assign what essentially is three captains to a member engagement committee. By the way anyone sign up for that softball team this summer? I got dibs on team captain! The other captain would be the original poster! Can anyone please tell me the real point of this unit please? Most of our newly hired employees are millennials. Millennials won't stick around after a few years of not being paid. It was easy to get away with saying how great Seminole County was and not losing people for years but not in today’s time.

My advised to everyone is to just start putting in your application in other places before the mass exit at the end of the year when DL reminds us on how he had to “fight” for our 3 percent raise. It’s ridiculous a topped out Deputy/Officer at OCSO and OPD makes more than a topped out Sgt./almost Lieutenant here. If this new compensation committee works and we get something reasonable I would have to tip my hat off to him for getting it done within his first two years. But how he acted towards salary and raises his first 6 months leave me very worried about getting this done. This place was once truly special to work . Just a few years ago everyone was talking about how horrible it was at Orange County, but after their big raises we hear nothing but good things. This does have a correlation with happiness while working in today’s time.

Unregistered
    I agree with most of what the original poster said that’s have for one big issue… the tile of the post. “A Enema by definition. “ An enema is the injection of fluid into the lower bowel by way of rectum “ we don’t “need” an Enema, it looks like the gracious citizens of Seminole County already elected us one.

#weareSCSO ( Seminole Civilian S.A.R.A. Office) #thegrassisgreenerdownsouth #Ballou2020

Unregistered

LB and the Jail

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The only problem now is the sheep outnumber the wolves and they are content with not doing their job. The sheep don't want to work, they just want to impress people with their shiny uniform. Or show off their new ideas like holding "free hugs" signs in shopping centers. How about emails containing PC for assault on LEO'S and ending them with Just FYI, instead of P.S. he was 10-15'd?

Proactivity is met with "them" only looking for policy violations ultimately suppressing the core value of law enforcement, LAW ENFORCEMENT.

FTD's that recommend a trainee not move forward are overruled by the echelon because it would mean the hiring committee made a mistake. Somebody is gonna get hurt because of these people. If ever there was an agency that confirms the old adage, you **** up you move up, this is it.

Anybody been to the jail recently? What a joke. Inmates yelling, not listening to orders, acting out on detention staff. Deputies just taking it for fear of getting a complaint? A complaint? From an inmate? In jail? The inmates now have kiosks to complain directly to the top? How long before we have to start writing apology letters?

Your ship is sinking, just keep smiling, all the way to the bottom.
    The Jail is worse than you think. A civilian in charge who likes and respects the inmates more than the staff. Inmates have zero respect for staff. It’s unsafe.

Unregistered

Coward

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s funny how you call him a coward but not a liar. Wake up, The truth was spoken
    Maybe not lying but he doesnt have all the facts! Some of it is true, that I will agree

Unregistered
    It would be nice if we had updates for this compensation committee throughout the process. Or is that just my representative not getting back with us?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast