This town needs an enema - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are the coward for writing this and not identifying yourself! If You were 1/2 the person any of these people you cowardly refernce you would identify yourself and you would address this with each person and not in a public forum! You are a spineless good for nothing that couldn’t pass a promotional exam if you Mother helped you! Enjoy 10-65 ing for the rest of your career and remember “what comes around goes around”.
    More supervisory elitism. Studying for and passing a test is not a commendable skill. AG and CR passed that test and got promoted too, so that isn’t what I would call a tremendous achievement.

I’d rather have the respect of my peers and have a reputation for being a decent cop than be a coward who can’t make a decision. So yes, I’ll enjoy 10-65’ing for the rest of my career knowing I’m capable of doing my job and not hiding in the closet at LMHS. But I don’t lay it all at your feet. Maybe being back in patrol is good for you.

Unregistered
    Although the author could have been a bit more diplomatic, instead of berating him/ her, let’s stay focused on the message please.

That being said, who in their right mind would identify themselves and, more importantly, who cares! Anyone? That’s right....no one. If you have an independent thought or opinion, you are labeled as disgruntled, a trouble maker, or the like. Everyone but the sheep know this. So get real.

The culture of the sheriffs office changed drastically when they began to encourage obsequious behavior from employees, a lot of whom came from ASPD. They turned a well respected agency into what the author describes. If you’re not a minion, you unequivocally agree with the message.

I, and I’m sure, many, many, many others, applaud the author for saying what most everyone else is thinking. Kudos to you sir or ma’am.

If the sheriff is monitoring, and I have no doubt that he is, until you sir surround yourself with experienced sworn deputies who actually care about your people and who command respect instead of the ones you have now who can’t make a sound decision and can only demand respect, all the committees in the world won’t help you. Your people DO NOT respect most of your command staff. You should’ve utilized the assets you have like SP, TJ, PB, JI to name a few. There are many more. But instead, you force all your talented people to answer to incompetents.

Hopefully you will take this seriously. It’s not too late to re-direct the bus before you drive it off that cliff.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2882643]The problem is DL believes this is the voice of one. If SCSO doesn’t band together they will continue to feed you the same propaganda aimed at only pleasing the top 10 percent. For someone that preaches about “leadership” being the answer to all, take a hard look in the mirror, you are an insult to the title and what it represents. Leadership is having a clear vision, and the courage to take risks in the achievement of your goals with no assurance of success. Your men and women are imploring you to take chance, grab the reins, lead from the front and yet you sit idle without care. My suggestion, stop listening to the advice of the ones that grovel at your feet and reach out to the true heroes of this agency.[/

Well said!!!!

Unregistered

Thanks

I tip my hat to the original poster for starting this thread. I urge everyone in this god forsaken agency to spread the word and put those in a position of power on notice!

Unregistered

Ha ha

I find it wildly entertaining that you all assume this Sheriff will give a shit about shelling out any more money. He has repeatedly stated he will not confront the Board of Commissioners and looks to his employees for suggestions on how to fix things, now that’s “leadership”. When your household brings in a quarter of a million dollars a year, you would understand his stance. Now folks just grab ankles and prepare for 3 percent.

Unregistered
    Thanks for being our “Jerry Maguire” !!!!!!

Unregistered
    I’m sure DL will address this at his next “leadership” meeting where he will tell everyone how much better he is than DE. He should be thanking DE because he wouldn’t be where he is it wasn’t for him. How about we do an anonymous survey asking the employees how DL is doing, I bet his approval is less than 20%. People are leaving the SO to go to the city. Stop talking DL and start leading.

Unregistered

All hail the miracle of October

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    These are all things that need to be said. I've been at SCSO many years and I have never seen people leaving in the numbers we're current seeing. they're not even waiting to see what happens in October, they're flat out bailing. What's scary is that there's twice as many quietly waiting to see what happens in October. If it's not some miracle of improvement, they're all going to be gone too. We are going to be in a state of crisis.
    You are so right! MANY SCSO deputies are waiting to see if the compensation committee can actually get anything done. Problem is, if you go in there and speak your mind, i.e. the truth, and it's not what they want to hear, your name is remembered afterward, and not in a good way. Just ask MK, who learned that the hard way from the last round of salary discussions. All those that are waiting whom I've talked to are fairly consistent in that if nothing changes, they're gone in a Flash. And, I'm not talking about 3 or 4 people.

Unregistered

We’re watching you!

Ok, so I’m sure you’re all aware Command Staff is monitoring and reporting all activity on this forum. It’s imperative we continue to voice our concern and let them know this is not a minority of the agency. I encourage all true SCSO employees, let them hear your voice. They will continue to believe that a few disgruntled people will not shake the upper eschelon. All we need them to understand is that this is not a few but the majority and shit will hit the fan if they continue to hold circle jerk meetings without addressing the real problems plaguing this agency.

Unregistered
    Well we all know DL and his minions LT, SL and CL have no clue what they are doing. When our agency was a premier agency in the area and quality people wanted to come here they turned them away with no reason. The people from other agencies we are getting are only here because OPD and OCSO turned them down or would have turned them down because of their backgrounds. Wonder how glad the people who didn't end up in our miserable state are they didn't get hired here, anybody got the number to OPD and OCSO to ask them? #WeAreSCSOUnfortunately

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast