Tampa PD application
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Tampa PD application

How long after u fill out the application do Tampa PD get back with you to proceed?....I sent my application off last Monday...talked to Human Resource that Thurs and was told my app was being sent over to TPD Fri....I got an email on Fri saying my app was sent over to TPD ...Today is Weds and still no word yet on what's next in the process as far as PAT, Polygraph questionnaire ,etc...any usual timeframe for replies?

Unregistered
    Relax. It could be weeks till you hear from the PD. The PAT is at the very end. The next step should be background questionnaire and they ask you to take a test.

Unregistered
    FYI. There are thousands of applications ahead of you

Unregistered
    Nothing at TPD moves fast. If you are not a minority there is little motivation to move your packet along. Politely email your recruiter maybe monthly to check on the status and reinterate your interest.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehotcop View Post
    How long after u fill out the application do Tampa PD get back with you to proceed?....I sent my application off last Monday...talked to Human Resource that Thurs and was told my app was being sent over to TPD Fri....I got an email on Fri saying my app was sent over to TPD ...Today is Weds and still no word yet on what's next in the process as far as PAT, Polygraph questionnaire ,etc...any usual timeframe for replies?
    It's not walmart or home depot! The average is 4 months for most agencies in FL, and TPD gets more applications than many departments...

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Misunderstood

It's obvious what I wrote is being misunderstood....I was asking what's the time frame from when u send the application off for them to reply back to u as far as scheduling to drop off documents and setting appointments for PATs(which I found out is later in the process) in case I have to request a day off to drive out there....some departments get back to u the same day and give PAT dates to choose from....I know getting hired is a long process and that's cool ...I was only speaking in terms of written tests and such

Unregistered
    We understood you perfectly and answered you. You are very impatient and will have to wait like everyone else. We have a lot of educated and experienced cops from local agencies and around the country that want to work here because of our benefits and pension plan.

What else can we tell you or what else do you want to hear that has not already been said?

Unregistered

Funny

Damn give the guy/gal a break. You internet trolls probably don't work for our agency anyway. Pay them no mind you can't do away with ignorant people. Give them time "hot" once the ball gets rolling you will be fine. Good luck

Unregistered
    It took me six years as they lost my packet twice. Be patient, keep your chin up and stay positive. When you get here it will all pay off in the end. Good luck

Unregistered

Scoring

I put in an application for the recruit position and in the email it said that they added a reference to the application And gave my application a “score”. This is for Tampa PD. What is the score based on and is the score out of 100?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast