Reserve

Thread: Reserve

Unregistered

Reserve

Does anyone know what is going on with the reserve program or actually the lack of it? There are times having a extra set of eyes and hands helps a lot.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with the reserve program or actually the lack of it? There are times having a extra set of eyes and hands helps a lot.
    Does FWC have a reserve program and what is the pay ? Thanks

Unregistered
    Does FWC have a reserve program and what is the pay ? Thanks
    There is no pay.

Reservist
    If you are classified as a reserve 1 you are paid $30 a hour. Reserve 1, (R1) are classified as OPS. If you are a reserve 2 you don't get paid. Right now FWC is only hiring former and retired FWC officers. If you retire from FWC and you receive a pension you will need to become a R2. You can't go back to work for any agency on the FL. Retirement System for thr first year after you retire. If you go back to work within that first year it will screw up your pension. Not sure about the investment folks going back to work. R1 reservist are consider OPS and thus work for the Fl. Retirement System. However if you have been retired for a year or more you can become a R1. The only exception to the one year rule is if you become a school resource officer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Reservist View Post
    If you are classified as a reserve 1 you are paid $30 a hour. Reserve 1, (R1) are classified as OPS. If you are a reserve 2 you don't get paid. Right now FWC is only hiring former and retired FWC officers. If you retire from FWC and you receive a pension you will need to become a R2. You can't go back to work for any agency on the FL. Retirement System for thr first year after you retire. If you go back to work within that first year it will screw up your pension. Not sure about the investment folks going back to work. R1 reservist are consider OPS and thus work for the Fl. Retirement System. However if you have been retired for a year or more you can become a R1. The only exception to the one year rule is if you become a school resource officer.
    Thank you for that information. How does one become a reserve 1? I was part of the FRS pension plan but haven't retired from it yet. I'm looking to add more years on to my calculations.

Unregistered
    Thank you for that information. How does one become a reserve 1? I was part of the FRS pension plan but haven't retired from it yet. I'm looking to add more years on to my calculations.
    The only way to be a R1 is to be a retired or former full-time FWC officer..

Unregistered
    That program is dead unless you retire as an officer