Vote for the future of the PBA
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Vote for the future of the PBA

On November 1 Wednesday, the ballots for the upcoming PBA elections will be mail to the PBA members. I anticipate that our members will have them within 2 to 4 days after November 1. These elections are the most important in the last 25 years. 74 members are running for the board, first time ever. For the first time since he was elected, 25 years ago John Rivera is facing opposition. I urge all the PBA members to take a few minutes and call the PBA to make sure they have your current address. If you receive your monthly PBA Heat newspaper ,PBA does have your address. As soon as you receive your ballot, pick your candidates and mail it. The deadline to receive the ballots at the Miami Dade elections Dept is November 17. We spend hours watching sports, movies,etc. Take a few minutes to decide if you want more of the same or give a chance to new ideas and direction. Vote .

Unregistered
    Post the new ideas. I have yet to see in writing what is the new ideas or direction from the candidates running for PBA president. If you have heard or seen them I urge you to post them. I can complain and point faults. What are your solutions for those faults? Post the ideas, post the list of candidates.

Unregistered

Thank You

Two of the clearest, to the point, post I've seen in months. No cuss words, no slander, just sound advise. Kudos to whoever posted them, regardless of how you vote, great post.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two of the clearest, to the point, post I've seen in months. No cuss words, no slander, just sound advise. Kudos to whoever posted them, regardless of how you vote, great post.
    Personally, I'm voting for more of the same. I'm voting for that guy that has managed to piss the Mayor off by standing up to him. I'd be leery of any candidate that's platform is to mend fences with the Devil himself and his disciples. In order to mend fences one side has to concede, the Devil has shown his unwillingness to bend on anything, he just takes and takes and takes.

The Mayor is licking his chops and pinning his ears back waiting to watch the devisiveness come to fruition within the PBA. HE WOULD LOVE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO SEE A NEW FACE AT THE HELM IN THE PBA, REGARDLESS OF WHO. He just doesn't want to see John any more. I wonder why?

Unregistered
    Post the new ideas. I have yet to see in writing what is the new ideas or direction from the candidates running for PBA president. If you have hreard or seen them I urge you to post them. I can complain and point faults. What are your solutions for those faults? Post the ideas, post the list of candidates.
    The ideas are not new but Steadman had not been able to implement them but for a long time John Rivera had control of the majority of the board. Not anymore. Blanca is supposed to represent the members,but it is well known she is John personal attorney. Why aren’t the bylaws posted on the PBA website? Steadman supports the availability of the bylaws, John and Blanca opposed it. Why was John able to be president for 25 years? Steadman supports term limits. Why is the pool of eligible members to run for executive board position so small? Because John and his “ consigliere “ Blanca drafted the bylaws to protect The president for life Rivera. Why are spending limits that needs board approval of the president are continuously violated? Because John thinks that the PBA funds are his own petty cash account.? Why to this date we don’t have a validated candidate list for the upcoming elections? Because John and Blanca decide when to release it. Steadman supports transparency,term limits, change in the bylaws to allow a broader pool of eligible members to run for office. Steadman believes in a respectful and cordial relationship w the county and police and corrections command staff. No more Tony Soprano wanna be attitude. We all know how well that had worked for us. No more radio shows, no more theatrics, no more double dealings, no more dog and pony show, no more dual president duties ( Florida PBA and Dade PBA) no more awards to public defender. It is time for a different approach to our governing bodies. We don’t need a executive director ( Blanca) we don’t need Pablo Lima. We can get a free replacement. It is in our contract, but John unilaterally decided to pay him 100K out of your dues. Steadman opposed it last year. Enough w the same. We all have a once in four years opportunity to better our PBA.

Unregistered
    Personally, I'm voting for more of the same. I'm voting for that guy that has managed to piss the Mayor off by standing up to him. I'd be leery of any candidate that's platform is to mend fences with the Devil himself and his disciples. In order to mend fences one side has to concede, the Devil has shown his unwillingness to bend on anything, he just takes and takes and takes.

The Mayor is licking his chops and pinning his ears back waiting to watch the devisiveness come to fruition within the PBA. HE WOULD LOVE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO SEE A NEW FACE AT THE HELM IN THE PBA, REGARDLESS OF WHO. He just doesn't want to see John any more. I wonder why?
    Your will probably lose your salary if John loses this election or you suffer from Stockholm syndrome. John supported Regalado and you know what happened. The devil still there and you have no contract. How about that handshake of John and the devil Gimenez? May be John wants to mend fences? A little too late. I don’t think Gimenez is going to forgive and forget all the money John gave Regalado. Gimenez is aa afraid of John like John is afraid of a red cup full of Grey Goose. Gimenez got his 2 full terms and we don’t have a contract. Of course Gimenez and everyone else is waiting for the election outcome, no because they are afraid of John but because they are also tired of dealing w the same old bully that thinks has the biggest balls. We have to deal w Gimenez, we don’t have to deal w John anymore.

Unregistered
    I understand the argument that he wasn't allowed to implement any ideas. Again, what is the platform of the candidates running for president. Tell us what your new ideas are in writing, not just by word of mouth. Let's put it in writing in a flyer or stated in a video. Word of mouth is hearsay. I want to see it in writing or in a video. So, that later on it can't be denied. If that doesn't happen, I will go with the guy I know. The one that has increased my pay since I started by over 100% +. Until then, I don't see a need for change.

Unregistered
    I understand the argument that he wasn't allowed to implement any ideas. Again, what is the platform of the candidates running for president. Tell us what your new ideas are in writing, not just by word of mouth. Let's put it in writing in a flyer or stated in a video. Word of mouth is hearsay. I want to see it in writing or in a video. So, that later on it can't be denied. If that doesn't happen, I will go with the guy I know. The one that has increased my pay since I started by over 100% +. Until then, I don't see a need for change.
    Okay John why don’t you tell us what are you going to do differently. I know Steadman since we were w Homestead PD. I know what he stands for, but I let him tell our members. What about you? Are you going to keep Niki and Carlitos and Coop to represent more than 4000 police and corrections officers? Are you going to keep Pablito at 100K per year? For sure you keeping personal attorney Blanca. Why don’t you write the changes and goals that you will implement? When the board want to start recording the meetings it took a motion and counting the members that voted for and against. Why in 25 years you have never put the bylaws in the PBA website? Time for Change, w you it is just more of the same me,me,me.

Unregistered
    I would like to know what the candidates for PBA president are going to do differently than our current president, who has increased my pay by 100%+ since I started. I like information. I don't go by they are nice people. I have met all the candidates and they seem like wonderful people. Just want to know their platform. I want to make a decision on what they have in writing or in video about their ideas and direction for the PBA. Not trying to be a troll. It is not much to ask for what are the candidates position. Not by word of mouth or hearsay. I want it in writing. I already know what John stands for. I don't need him to tell me his position. He has been there for 25 years. His track record is known. The candidates have to convince me to vote for them. I want their position on the record and in writing. I have yet to see it. If you know what the candidates stand for or know them, I urge you to tell them to put it in writing on their flyers. Until then, I will be voting for the guy that has increased my pay by 100%+ and most of the membership since I/they started.

Unregistered
    The ideas are not new but Steadman had not been able to implement them but for a long time John Rivera had control of the majority of the board. Not anymore. Blanca is supposed to represent the members,but it is well known she is John personal attorney. Why aren’t the bylaws posted on the PBA website? Steadman supports the availability of the bylaws, John and Blanca opposed it. Why was John able to be president for 25 years? Steadman supports term limits. Why is the pool of eligible members to run for executive board position so small? Because John and his “ consigliere “ Blanca drafted the bylaws to protect The president for life Rivera. Why are spending limits that needs board approval of the president are continuously violated? Because John thinks that the PBA funds are his own petty cash account.? Why to this date we don’t have a validated candidate list for the upcoming elections? Because John and Blanca decide when to release it. Steadman supports transparency,term limits, change in the bylaws to allow a broader pool of eligible members to run for office. Steadman believes in a respectful and cordial relationship w the county and police and corrections command staff. No more Tony Soprano wanna be attitude. We all know how well that had worked for us. No more radio shows, no more theatrics, no more double dealings, no more dog and pony show, no more dual president duties ( Florida PBA and Dade PBA) no more awards to public defender. It is time for a different approach to our governing bodies. We don’t need a executive director ( Blanca) we don’t need Pablo Lima. We can get a free replacement. It is in our contract, but John unilaterally decided to pay him 100K out of your dues. Steadman opposed it last year. Enough w the same. We all have a once in four years opportunity to better our PBA.
    So Steadman was forbidden, scared, had a sore throat? Why exactly hasn’t Steadman Stahl spoken up against all these things he’s suppose to chance? In 15 years he hasn’t been able to? That doesn’t make any sense at all. If a man is that weak to go with the flow for 15 years and now he wants to speak up???? Did he not run a single meeting when John was out of town? Yes, he sure did. Did he take advantage of that platform and address any issue at all with the board? NO HE NEVER DID. He ended the meetings within 7-10 minutes. That’s right folks. 7-10 minutes. That how long PBA board meetings would last under Steadman Stahl’s! Stahl managed to convince a few members like retired David Greenwell to run with him because he knew he was a fraud and not good enough to run alone. Stahl is using Greenwell’s friendship and friends to try to get himself elected. But what does Stahl bring to the table? Nothing, I have seen nothing at all. It doesn’t take being a season investigator to notice how his “caring and photo ops” came into light just over a year ago. He shows up at events. Takes a picture, usually group one, then vanishes like kayser soze. His Facebook isn’t private so anyone can look and see his post, why? Publicity? What Stahl does bring is a very sneaky campaign with a few backstabbing idiots he’s recruited that are sneaky enough to spread false rumors and lies like an std. remember folks. If it ain’t broke then why fix it. The mayor has wanted to decapitate all LEO’s since day one. The outrageous demands he made were fought off by one man alone John Rivera. You need a true lion to ward off all these attacks from command staff, the mayor, and governor. Don’t vote to be a victim - don’t vote for the sheep.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast