Info on Sunrise PD

Unregistered

Info on Sunrise PD

Hey guys, I just wanted to see how are the sergeants at Sunrise PD. I'm an officer who works a PD at Palm Beach County but our sergeants micro manage us all night long. They're constantly monitoring our CAD to see where we are at. Thanks for any chance information.

Unregistered

Spd

One or two may but overall the sergeants are great. As long as you do your job and handle your zone you shouldn't have any reason for concern.

Unregistered
    That's good to hear, I know every department has pros and cons. Are you guys relatively busy or do you get a lot of BS civil calls?

Unregistered
    The city has a good mix and has different areas for however busy you want to be. Out east is "fun" as it borders up to Lauderhill so most proactive officers like to be out there (60th av/ WOPB, Sunset strip/WSB) for the chases and good stories. Like most cities, some days you are extremely busy and other days you'll only get a handful of calls. For the most part, you can count on having a fair amount of calls (from robberies to domestics) but will also time to do stops and drive around your zone or catch up on paperwork. Hope this helps, best of luck!

Unregistered
    How does the retirement here compare to FRS? What is the medical insurance offered like?What is your take home car policy like?

Unregistered
    Pension is great although new hires now have a new one which is slightly inferior to what most of the current officers have. Check the PD website, it outlines all the important facts about the retirement and benefits. Take home car is free and allowed anywhere in Broward, after you complete FTO. If you have any more questions, best to contact the hiring/personnel unit. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Do you guys have AVL in the vehicles and body cams?

Unregistered
    Does the take home vehicle program apply to officers who reside in county only or within the tri-county area?

Unregistered
    I'd like to know about the take home vehicle too. Tri-County allowed ?