Elite or Not Elite - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bzxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What flavor Kool Aid you drinking???

FHP! Nothing but the best! Better than the rest!
    I was hoping for this.

America is great because we can disagree freely and nobody gets tortured to death in some dank cell.
    I am no "Kool Aid drinker" But call me that, it's fine. I never said FHP is perfect. I said I support the chain of
    command and I merely said " reputation earned decades ago"
    But I appreciate your input, and ANYBODY's input. When that is no longer possible, hope is truly lost.
    I would never give up on YOU or any of our brethren, because we all matter. Please reflect on this before you post.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    That has some truth to it.
    FHP used to be a very highly respected agency, people looked at the car, the trooper, the uniform and went "Wow! Serious law enforcement agency". Troopers were thin and professional, bureaucracy and politics was minimal and the job paid OK. Most had been on the job for years and knew it so well. A lot of older people still respect cops, and FHP in particular because of a reputation earned decades ago. In this day and age, people teach their kids not to respect authority figures, to fight any and all institutions and to deny accountability for their actions. "When you screw up big, sue someone and hang it on them". The shooting of cops is at a mind boggling level, people consider us a hostile military invader. Society has hit an all time low. It's going to get a lot worse. I don't agree with everything my fellow trooper or superior staffer does, but they all have my support and respect, from the new hire to the Col. We have to keep each other safe, all we have left is one another. If we start tearing each other apart, we are completely finished, that you can bank on. Please don't fall into society's traps. Stay above that filth, treat each other, and every single one as a family member and you will come out OK.
    Excellent post and very true. Every organization, public or private, has its issues. The warts are usually not visible until one joins the organization. Every organization is comprised of human beings, so mistakes, misconduct, and other embarassing situations will occur. On the other hand, most members of an organization work hard and do the best that they can in any given situation. We are all members of the same big church, but we are in different pews. We are primarily a traffic enforcement agency. Even full state police organizations are primarily traffic related.
    Instead of fighting and ripping each other up, both within the Patrol, and with other agenies, why don't we try to work together. Let's channel our energy into bringing about positive change.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345