Doc Justice v. Manager Gretsas City Council takedown!

Unregistered

Doc Justice v. Manager Gretsas City Council takedown!

Didn't want anyone to think I had forgotten them, so here is the sparring from tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGW1IQBSmk

To the good guys stay safe and God bless.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant
    Just noticed that I wasn't signed in when I made the last post. Must have gotten kicked out before hitting submit.

Thought you guys might appreciate the letter I just sent to the city and their attorneys due to a constitutional violation from last nights meeting:

Hello,
    I must bring up a serious concern in the hopes that we can avoid more law suits and/or civil rights claims against the City.

At the August City Council Meeting I was in attendance as a journalist and videographer.

While standing to operate my camera and record the meeting I was motioned to sit down by Randy Owens. I have no issues with Officer Owens and respect him, which I feel is mutual. While I felt it was a clear and direct violation of my rights I complied under duress and out of respect for Officer Owens.

I also helped Officer Owens get others to sit down, who were not there as media agents. It is obvious you all think I am only a trouble maker, but I am more reasonable than any person who sits on the dais elected, appointed, hired or otherwise. You all seem to forget the innumerable crimes committed against me, and the retaliation where your employees even went after my family. Please show me one person who would handle such in a calmer manner than I have, and I will apologize, but I will not be holding my breath.

After sitting down, to my dismay I immediately noticed that Officers DeJohn and Sincore were standing in the back aisle, but were never asked to sit. I got pictures to prove this fact. The policy forbids anyone from standing during the meeting, and there is no exception for police.

I am aware that media exceptions are given for videographers, however, I was unfairly denied such a right.

After the meeting I politely approached Officer Owens to inform him of my concerns, he acknowledged that he knew I was a journalist and I was wearing my press pass, and he acknowledged that the disparate treatment violates my rights, he claimed that he was just doing his job and trying to keep the peace.

So there we have it, you have unfairly forced this honorable officer into an untenable situation where he either has to take heat from his supervisors for insubordination, or violate the Constitution which he swore an oath to uphold. This is not an enviable position to be in.

I demand you immediately make it clear that media videographers are allowed to stand with their camera if doing such in an unobstructive manner, or you force all officers to sit as well.

I am also requesting a written formal apology for both Officer Owens and myself. In the absence of such I will be forced to amend one of my complaints or file another one, as well as write another article.

You will NOT benefit from ignoring or failing to correct this situation.

This is similar to Sergeant Wright threatening the entire audience for clapping, then shortly after allowing Chief Rolle and Sincore to clap when Porter praised the police. These are clear content based restrictions on protected First Amendment activity. I'd say ask your attorneys to explain it to you if you do not understand, but with the constitutionally ignorant and/or corrupt attorneys you have working for you, you'd probably be better off just googling it yourselves. You should probably do a little background research on your attorneys. A simple google search provides overwhelming evidence of their less than honorable and unlawful actions, which they are perpetrating in Homestead and countless other municipalities in South Florida.

Also another thing that I noticed when speaking with Officer Owens, is he asked why I was so confrontational. It is noted I was never confrontational but do not back down when my rights are violated because some in authority wishes I would go away. It is beyond obvious that you need to institute civil rights training for the entire force at this point. You should probably also institute some sensitivity training as well. Somehow when your employees violate the civil rights of the citizens, which is a federal crime under 18 USC 242, it is the citizen who is questioned for daring to bring such abuse to their attention, and for not speaking in a soft soothing voice while gently holding the hand of their abuser. However, your officers never reflect upon the fact that their unlawful and unconstitutional behavior is what has precipitated said response from the citizen(s) to begin with.

I expect an immediate reply informing of the corrective actions which will be taken to prevent such constitutional abuse from occurring in the future.

Sincerely,
    Dr. James Eric McDonough