BIG shake up with new budget - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I’m not sure who she is, I don’t work there but know a couple of them....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why arent we seeing this in the Sun Sentinel?
    That is a very good question, poor FD leadership was on the news. That’s bad, but so is this. Sexual harassment, from people in top positions, incompetence from the token white ACM, and the so called code manager?......

Unregistered

Department Ethics

I did look, WJ was a corrections officer and had many titles for his jobs in the sanitation department. He has been shown as a student pursuing his bachelor's degree for almost 4 years. He is always just a year away from getting it - which he has been saying since the day he got here. What bs. Look at other comand staff bio's and then his. He is not even in the same league. How can he manage (joke) people with their multiple state certifications when he can't even pass the basic level one class and state exam? These courses and state exams are taught and administered at six Florida universities. Ours is at the FAU School of Government. Are you kidding me, he can't pass the basis level one class and exam - which he miserably failed. Research the so called positions he said he had in the Miami Dade garbage department. See if you can find that he did much of anything. People who worked with him will tell you it was all smoke and mirrors. Thats all he is now, but the smoke has run out and the mirrors are broken. The guy is a total fraud.
    I did look at the command staff bio's as you suggested. A quick look would give the impression that manager WJ has a bachelor's degree, if you miss the word "student." Doesn't the department have the responsibility to post factual and true information? The fact is, he is not a student at all. He quit long ago. Should the department continue to post misleading and false information such as this. Shouldn't the mayor, commissioners (and candidates), the public and fellow employees be able to trust what is published upon the department's web site? This type of nonsense was typical of the former chief RB. The current chief DW has been cleaning up the mess he inherited, and probably just has not realized that this unethical and untruthful post is still published on the web site. I trust that this issue (and others) regarding manager WJ will be corrected in a timely manner.

Unregistered
    I did look at the command staff bio's as you suggested. A quick look would give the impression that manager WJ has a bachelor's degree, if you miss the word "student." Doesn't the department have the responsibility to post factual and true information? The fact is, he is not a student at all. He quit long ago. Should the department continue to post misleading and false information such as this. Shouldn't the mayor, commissioners (and candidates), the public and fellow employees be able to trust what is published upon the department's web site? This type of nonsense was typical of the former chief RB. The current chief DW has been cleaning up the mess he inherited, and probably just has not realized that this unethical and untruthful post is still published on the web site. I trust that this issue (and others) regarding manager WJ will be corrected in a timely manner.
    Only possible problem is the still there ACM, MM has the PD under his purview, meaning DW answers to him. And it’s been evident that the inept MM will cover for WJ. it may be out of DW’s hands....

Unregistered
    Only possible problem is the still there ACM, MM has the PD under his purview, meaning DW answers to him. And it’s been evident that the inept MM will cover for WJ. it may be out of DW’s hands....
    Ok, maybe that explains it. I, and others, have wondered for a long time why the department keeps this person as a manager. Considering the many and constant number of complaints received on a daily basis, I would think his position should be filled by someone with competence. Why can't he just be moved to a job or position that he can reasonably do? I would think even the ACM (supposing you are right) would seek an appropriate position for him. The division clearly needs leadership.

Unregistered
    Ok, maybe that explains it. I, and others, have wondered for a long time why the department keeps this person as a manager. Considering the many and constant number of complaints received on a daily basis, I would think his position should be filled by someone with competence. Why can't he just be moved to a job or position that he can reasonably do? I would think even the ACM (supposing you are right) would seek an appropriate position for him. The division clearly needs leadership.
    Maybe electing new commissioners is the answer, ones that will not blindly follow the status quo. There will be good alternatives running in the upcoming election.

Unregistered
    Comparing the leadership of the former code manager to the current manager would be like comparing a modern aircraft carrier to the pilgrim's Mayflower, no comparison at all. What they did to the former manager was awful. What has happened to our division, as a consequence, has been and is awful. We have to force ourselves to come to work now. If it was not for Major Smith sticking up for us, from time to time, it would be even worse.

Unregistered
    Comparing the leadership of the former code manager to the current manager would be like comparing a modern aircraft carrier to the pilgrim's Mayflower, no comparison at all. What they did to the former manager was awful. What has happened to our division, as a consequence, has been and is awful. We have to force ourselves to come to work now. If it was not for Major Smith sticking up for us, from time to time, it would be even worse.
    One thing is for sure, no one will ever accuse manager WJ of being a rocket scientist.

Unregistered
    The above includes info on a lawsuit, that was caused by MM and our ICM

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast