Working in the jail. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good job Tom Lemons. Now move along for another one of your "in-depth" investigations and attempts to sell that waste of paper you call a book.
    You mean Don Lemons?

Unregistered

Worst Experience in my carreer

I worked there for a brief period and I have to say it was the worst experience in my career. This is a broken down facility
    with major issues and the command staff has nothing better to due than to monitor its staff on surveillance cameras. If you work for the state, it would be a step up in your careers, but look for a better agency that treats their staff with dignity and respect. All law enforcement agencies have the conception of there is nothing more important than you and your family except for this agency. Do yourself a favor and look to an agency like Marion, Pinellas, or Hillsborough that has a good command staff and merits your performance on hard work and values. This is a dead end career ending place.

Unregistered

Amen, My Brother

Amen, My brother as this agency will ruin your life. It is a job where you don't have any options in life. Worst command staff you Ever seen.

Unregistered
    Weird since people are leaving the state to come work here. This post seems to be a mud slinger.

Unregistered

My Thought on Jail

I think the main thing I get from the recent posts is it is a case of a agency that you can't advance in. It is up to the individual person to have the initiative and motivation to move on from corrections and try to become duel certified. The door is wide open in the state of Florida to create a very successful career in law enforcement if you want to make an effort. It appears to me that Hernando may not be the place that will encourage jail employees to move on or pay for any additional schooling in any academies. State workers are usually questionable and they are a one trick pony and don't know any better to improve their careers or lives. I don't see the mud slinging theory and it is probably a supervisor that put in the post. The best info available is from the current staff. I would catch them in the parking lot and ask them about working conditions, morale, and their opinion of the command staff to get the real picture, and not buy into the leo affairs bullshit.

Unregistered
    It's a well known fact that the jail command staff is mediocre and incompetent which pushed staff moral down about as low as it can go. The sheriff does not know or does not care because they tell him what he wants to hear. It's a very toxic work environment created by the management. No light at the end of the tunnel either unless a new sheriff takes over and cleans house at the jail.

Unregistered
    facts!!! Unka Al doesn't care about the jail. He never has and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's a well known fact that the jail command staff is mediocre and incompetent which pushed staff moral down about as low as it can go. The sheriff does not know or does not care because they tell him what he wants to hear. It's a very toxic work environment created by the management. No light at the end of the tunnel either unless a new sheriff takes over and cleans house at the jail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12