Hernando County Helocopter flying around hours now, No news!!

Unregistered

Hernando County Helocopter flying around hours now, No news!!

Yet again the Sheriffs office has the the Helicopter overhead in the area of Barclay Road and Anderson Snow and nothing on the news nothing on the internet. Did someone drive off and not pay for gas. How about some information, makes people nervous!!

Unregistered
    you really have no clue do you. it flies for more than just things tom lemons posts.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yet again the Sheriffs office has the the Helicopter overhead in the area of Barclay Road and Anderson Snow and nothing on the news nothing on the internet. Did someone drive off and not pay for gas. How about some information, makes people nervous!!
    Here you go you big baby. Published 3:27PM EST.

http://www.rnrfonline.com/search-und...ng-statements/

Unregistered
    haha someone got hit with humble pie

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    here you go you big baby. Published 3:27pm est.

http://www.rnrfonline.com/search-und...ng-statements/
    awesome searched for hours on this site and nothing. Not even bay news 9.... So poor the way information is disseminated in hernando county. How many hours does a helicopter circle an area before deciding its clear. They seem to send it up over things that ground units should be able to handle. Then again there so short staffed and so poorly trained i guess they have no choice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    you really have no clue do you. It flies for more than just things tom lemons posts.
    i guess i am clueless. Or am i?

Unregistered
    awesome searched for hours on this site and nothing. Not even bay news 9.... So poor the way information is disseminated in hernando county. How many hours does a helicopter circle an area before deciding its clear. They seem to send it up over things that ground units should be able to handle. Then again there so short staffed and so poorly trained i guess they have no choice.
    What on earth are you rambling on about? Why would LEO Affairs have news regarding Hernando County? Did you know 90% of crime and/or issues the SO deals with is not reported by any news outlets? Nah, of course not. So not sure why you are so @$$ hurt over an article not appearing within your desired timespan.

Did you know all aircraft needs X amount of flight hours to continue operation? Nah, of course you didn't. You're an educated tax paying citizen who knows it all.

Unregistered
    "They seem to send it up over things that ground units should be able to handle" is egregiously speculative...

Helicopters are used in searches for criminals, missing children, missing elders with dementia, or those with other medical emergencies. A helicopter can remain aloft (with the pilot or crew) looking for a specific person, vehicle, or other related suspicious activity for as long as the units on the ground need them (based on the helicopter's fuel level, weather, aerial traffic, or obstructions). The details of the evolving situation determine the operational needs of the surface assets, who seek assistance from the helicopter, which has more advanced electronic detection equipment aboard (such as Forward Looking Infrared, also known as 'F.L.I.R.').

Helicopters are also used for familiarization flights, surveillance, or aerial photography [which becomes evidence in a criminal investigation] by members of Crime Scene, depending upon the incident. Important to the criminal investigation, however not newsworthy.

Pilots and crew are also mandated to fly a certain number of hours for training, to maintain proficiency (and mandatory tasks such as a flight review). Again, critical to maintaining the ability to legally fly, but not newsworthy.

The majority of that which law enforcement is tasked with never makes it to news outlets, so, like everyone else, you will just have to [*gasp!*] wait, or call the non-emergency telephone number for more information.