Troopers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troopers

Unregistered

Troopers

What's this I hear about Judd wanting to do away with the Troopers here?

Unregistered
    So Judd thinks he can control what FHP does and where they go? Good luck with that. If this is even true.

It's not unusual to have agencies not like each other, but it's not like one can "get rid of" the other.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a real feud with each agency starting to get aggressive with the others employees, etc.

Unregistered
    When Corky becomes the Governor maybe he will end the FHP and make them all Deputy Sheriffs and start out at step 1. Think how much money he would save. OMG let the games begin.

Unregistered

Exclamation Decertify FHP

That's the term utilized by a scathing report completed by the State's OPPAGA (Office of Program, Policy & Program Management).

Most of you are too you to remember this, but I am sure that the Sheriff does. They did it to the Public Service Commission Cops in 1980, they did it to the Florida Marine Patrol and Game-Fish Commission in 1999 and they did it to the DOT-MCC in 2013.

Sheriffs in this State are Constitutional Officers and have a large and very powerful lobby. FHP Troopers are Division (NOT DEPARTMENT) Division level Officers whose primary duty are to patrol the highways. In just such a report from OPPAGA, it was concluded and recommended that Sheriffs should have the "Confirmed Authority" to remove inclined services from the State, such as the FHP. "Confirmed Authority" was basically a term dubbed by the legislature as an approved request process that all the Sheriff has to do is request it and it gets approved.

You all should feel very lucky to have Sheriff Judd. He is one heck of a people's Sheriff and takes care of his Deputies.

I am all for removing the FHP from Polk County. They are a bunch of bullies who are over rated and poorly paid. They want to be a State Police so bad but they just don't have the juice. It'll never happen.

REMOVE FHP!

Unregistered
    Apparently you have not read the other posts in this agency's forum concerning the sheriff.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apparently you have not read the other posts in this agency's forum concerning the sheriff.
    No joke.... Somebody is illusioned with grandeur

Grady Joke Judd

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's the term utilized by a scathing report completed by the State's OPPAGA (Office of Program, Policy & Program Management).

Most of you are too you to remember this, but I am sure that the Sheriff does. They did it to the Public Service Commission Cops in 1980, they did it to the Florida Marine Patrol and Game-Fish Commission in 1999 and they did it to the DOT-MCC in 2013.

Sheriffs in this State are Constitutional Officers and have a large and very powerful lobby. FHP Troopers are Division (NOT DEPARTMENT) Division level Officers whose primary duty are to patrol the highways. In just such a report from OPPAGA, it was concluded and recommended that Sheriffs should have the "Confirmed Authority" to remove inclined services from the State, such as the FHP. "Confirmed Authority" was basically a term dubbed by the legislature as an approved request process that all the Sheriff has to do is request it and it gets approved.

You all should feel very lucky to have Sheriff Judd. He is one heck of a people's Sheriff and takes care of his Deputies.

I am all for removing the FHP from Polk County. They are a bunch of bullies who are over rated and poorly paid. They want to be a State Police so bad but they just don't have the juice. It'll never happen.

REMOVE FHP!
    Every state in the nation has a state police or state patrol that takes on a lot more responsibility than FHP.
    Being from a state where the State Police is the top police agency, I don’t understand why you guys are so afraid of FHP merging with other state agencies to become a state police. It’s not about the local sheriff in every county in Florida, it’s about the people of your state. Having a state police would benefit everyone. The sheriff can dedicate more time to community policing while the state police does more. Just like 911 when all fed agencies came under Homeland security. I hear from deputies that complain that FHP doesn’t do enough and I hear from troopers and FDLE agents that want to do more. The sheriff of your county wants to do everything instead of asking FHP to do more! In the end the people will pay the price. You will never run the whole state and every county sheriff will compete for who’s the best and crucial information will not be shared in time. The funny thing I hear is that the leaders at some of these agencies (FHP, FWC,etc.) don’t want to lose their jobs and are against a merger. It’s time to wake up and stop living in the past!

Unregistered

Fhp in polk county

The FHP in polk county is terrible! The heart they lack is insanely rediculous!! They should remove FHP in polk county if the sheriff has enough officers to govern and patrol the highways then so be it

Unregistered
    FHP is a duplication of services. Every street, road or highway in this state is in a city or county. Make it easy. Absorb them or require them to work all crashes in the state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast