Salute - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Salute

Unregistered
    Okay, where's the early April Fool's punch line?? If this is true, the current FHP leaders will go down in history as the absolutely worst ever! Even DB and KH didn't come up with something like this! The FHP is loosing an average of twenty some troopers a month. The not so specialty troopers that work day shift with weekend and holidays off receive and extra $2000 a year while the road is short. All the counties so far that has received the $5000 either our Col or LT Col has worked or has connections there, and a salute is what our "leaders" are worried about? We have troopers and brass that look like a blob of sh!t in uniform and we are going to salute them? We have a few CVE guys here that are bigger than the trucks they inspect and a "road dog" is expected to salute them?? WOW! Congratulations GS! You will go down in history as the one responsible for the final demise of the FHP! FHP leaders, if you want respect and a salute earn it by taking care of the ROAD troopers first! Cut the specialty trooper spots. This FLAIR thing sounds like it's going to be a charlie foxtrot. Divide all the extra specialty ($2000) money and retention ($5000)money up for all the troopers. That, at the very least puts some money in everyone's pocket. The FHP is a double flusher! This might be the second flush!

Unregistered
    Ok guys am I missing something? This better be a joke or I'm going to flip. Is there a policy update or powerdms on it?

Unregistered
    Has this been confirmed by anyone? I really find it difficult to believe.

Unregistered
    No way, I really thought Spaulding was smarter than that.... whoever went along with this in senior management wants his chair and may damn well get it.....

I am disappointed to say the least.

Unregistered
    I work at a S.O. I come to this site from time to time just for the sheer entertainment! I'm not going to poke you guys on this one! I feel so sorry for you guys! With leadership that makes decisions like this I see why some of you act the way you do. To the remaining cool troopers who try to keep your ship a float I'm sorry brother! Your pay is terrible and in my county we wait for hours for troopers. Sorry guys!

Unregistered
    From what I am hearing this was on a conference call to all majors yesterday and is the brain child of the LTC..he saw it in Ohio and thinks this is the way we should do it.. if you are by the station ask your major and see what their reaction is.. this guy is unbelievable.. Spauldings heart is in the right place but he chose a terrible LTC..The LTC makes decisions on feelings and not what is best for the agency.

Unregistered
    COL, LTCOL you demand respect of a salute? Well, earn it! Take care of your troopers that everyday work a zone and is the true face of this agency. Rather than wasting your time on this junk why are you both not down town with the law makers securing us a badly needed and over due raise??

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    From what I am hearing this was on a conference call to all majors yesterday and is the brain child of the LTC..he saw it in Ohio and thinks this is the way we should do it.. if you are by the station ask your major and see what their reaction is.. this guy is unbelievable.. Spauldings heart is in the right place but he chose a terrible LTC..The LTC makes decisions on feelings and not what is best for the agency.
    For those who supported this just wanted a way to have their ego stroked.

Unregistered
    I salute my Sgt, lt and cpt that were in the sandbox with me in iraq. They were there dodging bullets and earned everyone's respect under their command. Even though you are not required to salute nco in the military. I still saluted my Sgt because he earned it. WTF has this fat ass of LTC done for anyone of us to earn our respect? He is so out of shape that cant even wear a vest. He reminds me sometimes of Brierton, stupid and ego maniac. I think Brierton was actually better than him....... I feel bad for Spaulding, he is a good men and he could serve us better if he would fire the LTC.

Unregistered
    Ok, so your worried about a salute when they announced today that a bill to DISBAND this agency in two counties is trying to be passed. Because the sheriffs can do it CHEAPER FASTER and BETTER.......so stand by to lose your job and screw your raises. However, you won't have to worry about sunglasses or a sticker on your car.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-bu...n-arms/2315803

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast