Hiring

Thread: Hiring

Unregistered

Hiring

I have completed the interview and the VSA and I'm just waiting on my background. I was just informed that Hernando is not hiring and they are just making a list just wanted to see if this was true or false

Unregistered
    Hernando lie to you? I can't believe that for one lousy second. :-/

Unregistered
    Yes they are hiring they wouldn't go through all the trouble to test everyone and process their paper work.

Unregistered

Run very fast

I'm not sure why you chose to apply in Hernando County, but from someone who has worked there a very long time... run the other direction as fast as you can. The agency is completely political, as both the Sheriff and the Chief Deputy think they own the place and it's a horrible environment for the employees. The admin has absolutely zero loyalty to the employees, and all they want to do is try to catch people making mistakes. Save yourself a lot of headaches and apply to other agencies. Even Pasco SO is better than Hernando now, which I didn't think I'd ever say. There is a reason people are leaving...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not sure why you chose to apply in Hernando County, but from someone who has worked there a very long time... run the other direction as fast as you can. The agency is completely political, as both the Sheriff and the Chief Deputy think they own the place and it's a horrible environment for the employees. The admin has absolutely zero loyalty to the employees, and all they want to do is try to catch people making mistakes. Save yourself a lot of headaches and apply to other agencies. Even Pasco SO is better than Hernando now, which I didn't think I'd ever say. There is a reason people are leaving...
    I can't believe that Pasco is better. The pretty boy Sheriff in Pasco only cares about getting his face on the TV screen. Nocco shows 0 loyalty to his staff. He tries to act like he's a cops sheriff - he is FAR from it. He has dismissed, forced to retire or fired more deputies in his tenure that the past 5 sheriff's for that count. Run Anywhere but to Pasco.

Unregistered
    Hernando has gone way done hill in the last four years due to the administration. The Chief Deputy is a bloated lying backstabber, the Major is a clueless weak leader that will do anything to advance. They have lost a lot of good senior Deputies and replaced them with robots...Go to a PD with a real union.