Inservice Training and FTO Explained

Unregistered

Inservice Training and FTO Explained

Will anybody be kind enough to explain what in-service training is like and fto training is like and if possible explain what happens when we go to Tallahassee to swear in.

Unregistered
    Well inservice is fun as long as you want to go to live oak once a year. As for FTO, it is a joke. I only know of one person in the last 15 years to be terminated during FTO and that was because he was a couple cans shy of a six pack. What is more is that if they dont like you in your region they will do everything to get rid of you before your year is up. FTO is easy. Actually you will be more lost once you get off FTO because most FTOs only have a couple years on and dont know what the job is themselves. Would also worry about the supervisors because 95% will be found sitting in the corner rocking if the shit hit the fan.

All i can say is good luck and at first chance get the hell out of AG before it ruins your future. Oh one last thing hope you like bouncing days to midnights every 28 days.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well inservice is fun as long as you want to go to live oak once a year. As for FTO, it is a joke. I only know of one person in the last 15 years to be terminated during FTO and that was because he was a couple cans shy of a six pack. What is more is that if they dont like you in your region they will do everything to get rid of you before your year is up. FTO is easy. Actually you will be more lost once you get off FTO because most FTOs only have a couple years on and dont know what the job is themselves. Would also worry about the supervisors because 95% will be found sitting in the corner rocking if the shit hit the fan.

All i can say is good luck and at first chance get the hell out of AG before it ruins your future. Oh one last thing hope you like bouncing days to midnights every 28 days.
    I heard the union was trying to get shift rotating fixed. Can you explains what happens when you go to Tallahassee to swear in? Thank you for the information

Unregistered
    Will anybody be kind enough to explain what in-service training is like and fto training is like and if possible explain what happens when we go to Tallahassee to swear in.
    Hopefully you'll get a FTO that can handle any situation and guide you through it correctly. Other than that, take in everything that you can. Keep the good info and advice that works for you and throw out what doesn't. Tallahassee is a breeze, you'll have paperwork and things to fill out to get you set up but someone is there to help you the whole way.

Unregistered
    The shifts are not changing. The union rep is too much in the pockets of management to do anything for the officers. He is only looking out for himself. Good point would be when the department is hand picking people to go on details for lots of ot and the union rep said something about letting everyone go he stopped fighting when he started to go. So if someone tells you the union is working on it dont believe it.

Unregistered
    The shifts are not changing. The union rep is too much in the pockets of management to do anything for the officers. He is only looking out for himself. Good point would be when the department is hand picking people to go on details for lots of ot and the union rep said something about letting everyone go he stopped fighting when he started to go. So if someone tells you the union is working on it dont believe it.
    It's a shame that we don't have the same respect or help as other Law enforcement does. We are all the same in one capacity or another. Why should we deserve less? There are security guards with better benefits and more respect than what I am noticing we get

Unregistered
    Every agency has an initial inservice Training. Where all of the defensive tactics. Driving, teaser certification, and firearms qualification take place. Do we have the same?

Unregistered
    Every agency has an initial inservice Training. Where all of the defensive tactics. Driving, teaser certification, and firearms qualification take place. Do we have the same?
    Anyone have an answer to this?