The Album Club 2017

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

The Album Club 2017

Let's give this one a serious try. I did this a few years back with prog rock and it was moderately successful, though it did fold in the end. I'd like to try to resurrect that, but for all genres.

So the idea is simple: every week we pick an album and everyone listens to it, then gives their feedback in whatever way they want - a few words, a full review, a discussion, whatever. I would suggest that we choose a different genre every week or two weeks or month, or whatever we decide the timeframe should be, and once picked a genre can't be selected again until all others have been used, thus allowing, hopefully, everyone to get a chance to listen to or suggest their favourite genre.
    https://songlyricsaz.mobi/let-me-lov...yrics-123.html
    I can think of these offhand, but if anyone thinks of others let me know and I'll add them:
    Rock
    Metal
    Punk
    Pop
    Electronica
    Country
    Hip-Hop
    Soul/R&B
    Avant-Garde
    Jazz
    Classical
    Reggae
    World Music
    Folk
    Oldies (?) - say pre-1960 or whatever

Within these genres are of course many subgenres, so there's no reason why member A, suggesting say Punk, can't then say I want to do a Crust Punk album, or suggesting Jazz says let's do smooth jazz, or whatever. In fairness, whosever turn it is to pick the album has to have that album accepted without question, and of course each member, having selected an album, can't choose again until all other members have done so.
    https://songlyricsaz.mobi/black-beatles-lyrics-106.html
    That's the basics. If you think you wouldn't have time, keep in mind I am not asking for reviews, necessarily, just that you listen to the album within the given or agreed timeframe and give your thoughts (and they can be as brief or as long-winded as you like) on it.

So, who's in?

Signup Sheet
    Trollheart
    Qwertyy
    Frownland
    Last edited by vancutan; 02-19-2017 at 06:01 AM.