Star and Shield insurance increase.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Star and Shield insurance increase.

I have been insured with Star and Shield insurance for 6 years, and I have not had an accident.
    I received my policy renewal today with a $260.00 increase. When I called them to inquire on this increase they told me it was due to a lot of claims. I said I will not be paying for other drivers accidents, you should be charging those drivers for their poor driving. I promptly changed to Progressive and was given a quote of $300.00 less than Star and Shield. If you are insured by Star and Shield be sure to check your renewal quote, as they are not giving you any advance notice on increases.

Unregistered
    I had the same issue a few months ago. I called them and they told me due to the amount of claims they are paying out and the amount of people that are leaving, those who are staying are picking up the slack. I left them and went to GEICO and also saved around $300. The guy from Star and Shield had the balls to tell me there's no way they will save me that much money and I am going to get screwed by them. Not once did they offer to help save me money. All he told me was that I was giving him bad information and my new numbers didn't add up. When I asked him for his fax number or email address to send him over my new policy details to prove him wrong he told me don't worry about it...

Don't get me wrong, the very few times I had to deal with Star and Shield (never for a claim) they were very nice. Unfortunately, having nice people on the other end of the phone doesn't save me money.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    I have been insured with Star and Shield insurance for 6 years, and I have not had an accident.
    I received my policy renewal today with a $260.00 increase. When I called them to inquire on this increase they told me it was due to a lot of claims. I said I will not be paying for other drivers accidents, you should be charging those drivers for their poor driving. I promptly changed to Progressive and was given a quote of $300.00 less than Star and Shield. If you are insured by Star and Shield be sure to check your renewal quote, as they are not giving you any advance notice on increases.
    Same here, but the problem is S&S and State Farm are the few that will cover your patrol car for ODPE. More and more insurance companies are dropping the coverage.

Unregistered
    Star and Shield has piss poor customer service....I drooped them a while back.....btw, saved $338 on my policy by going to State Farm

Unregistered
    Star and Shield no longer covers you for your ODPE. Neither does Allstate.

Unregistered

They have no money

Allen D. Durham, is the President of Star & Shield Insurance Exchange which was founded in 2009.

Star & Shield Insurance Exchange primarily deals with insurance.

In 2013, Star & Shield Insurance Exchange had total liabilities of $22,412 and total assets of $31,489. Their total liabilities reached $22,412, while their net income was $-9,761.

Total direct premiums written in 2013 totaled $22,367; and net premiums were $15,282.

If you have experience with Star & Shield Insurance Exchange, we ask that you leave your reviews below to help inform other shoppers of your experiences. If you are shopping for Star & Shield Insurance Exchange insurance quotes, be sure to compare their rates and insurance ratings with other providers.

Unregistered
    This company is going down faster than FHP.

Unregistered
    Just switched from star and shield. They went under faster than the Falcons.

Unregistered

Lightbulb Progressive Ins is "a radicle left wing firm."

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    FYI, Progressive is a George Soros philosophy, Marxist support, type firm.

Unregistered
    I heard they are back to providing insurance for the patrol cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast