Bpd info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bpd info

Unregistered

Bpd info

Are you guys and gals happy at Bradenton PD?

Salary, equipment, in house training?

THANKS

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you guys and gals happy at Bradenton PD?

Salary, equipment, in house training?

THANKS
    NO..............

Unregistered
    NO..............
    Should of been here before 2000 it was really bad. It's come a long way since then but now I agree NO................

Unregistered
    NO..............
    Should of been here before 2000 it was really a good place back then, like a family.

It's gone a long way downhill (Washington DC BS style) since then.

I agree NO................

Unregistered
    The worst thing that ever happen here was bringing in the third choice from DC he never fit in to BPD and it finally came to an end! Hopefully someone from inside will take it back over!

Unregistered
    What makes you unhappy? Too "PC", leadership issues, lack of support? Benefits?

I am considering putting an application with an agency in the Bradenton Sarasota area, thanks.

Unregistered

In middle of change

Don't mind the disgruntled ones. We just got a new chief and honestly things aren't bad so far. There will be a completely new admin in 5yrs time due to upcoming retirements. We are like most other agencies in that we all have issues. We just switched to 12hr shifts which seem to be working out for most and are due to get raises here soon. That would probably be the biggest gripe, raises as we have had problems in the past. However new chief and admin soon so the issues above have already begun to get better.

Unregistered
    I worked 12's for several years and in my humble personal opinion, they SUCK.
    I don't have any good things to say about them. You work a full shift and then get held over, called back, court, training, overtime on and on and on. 12 hours turns to 14 which turns to 16 which turns to being short-shifted. I used to get every other weekend off but by the time you get home, relax, go to bed and then recover, most of your first day is shot. I also found that morale suffered, people were less willing to work overtime and they were tired.

Unregistered
    Most of the larger agencies in the area are either on 12s or going to them, Tampa Bay Area may not be for you.

Unregistered
    Most of the larger agencies in the area are either on 12s or going to them, Tampa Bay Area may not be for you.
    I am the OP, someone else complained about the 12 hours shift. If I had to choose (yeh right) I would pick 10 hours shift but 12 is fine with me.

Yes I know all departments have issues, I am not looking for the perfect place, it doesn't exist (anymore).

Thanks everyone. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast