Less than 100 hundred signed cards received
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Less than 100 hundred signed cards received

PBA received less than 100 hundred signed cards for a request to to have an election for a new union. They needed about 2,850 cards. What a joke. They were not even close. What total failures. Next group to vote them out ( again) will be FHP.

Unregistered
    Nobody cares about a union in this state, they are all equally worthless and a waste of money. I'm done with all of them. Over half of my office has a part time job because they are tired of eating spam every night. This state is a disgrace the way they treat employees.

Unregistered
    So, welcome to the real world. Now you have to really work at that second job. Unlike you at the FDOC job. Where you sit on your fat azz.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, welcome to the real world. Now you have to really work at that second job. Unlike you at the FDOC job. Where you sit on your fat azz.
    The only person that has a fat ass is your wife.

Unregistered
    Now, how would you know that my pookie has a fat azz? It is just the right size.

Unregistered
    By: Julie Montanaro
    July 1, 2016

Looks like a vote will happen.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The PBA is pushing for a union vote among corrections and probation officers in Florida.

The Police Benevolent Association filed a petition today requesting an election to see if those officers prefer to be represented by the PBA or remain with the Teamsters.

The Teamsters beat out the PBA for the job five years ago.

The Florida Public Employee Relations Commission says an election could be held two to three months from now.

PERC General Counsel John Showalter says 30% of the state's 17,000 plus corrections and probation officers have to "show an interest" in the PBA to trigger a vote.

Showalter says PERC is now in the process of verifying the signature cards that were dropped off today.

We are still trying to reach Teamsters Local 2011 for comment.

Unregistered
    Thank God....lets get the teamsters outta here. The PBA didn't get us anything but we went backwards under our current Union.

Unregistered
    Anyone that backs the Teamsters is a fool. Careful what you wish for is what I said when they were voting out the PBA and the last five years have been horrific. Teamsters has no relationship with the legislature; therefore, no negotiating power and that equals no raises and loss of other contract issues. I was told by someone in Central Office we had open carry in the office ready to go and then they went into negotiate with the Teamsters and afterward we had concealed carry in the office. Get promoted, great....now you can get fired during your probationary period. Those are just a few of the wonderful things the Teamsters have done for us. Please someone tell me five really good things the Teamsters have done for us....I bet you can't.

Unregistered
    And the last five years under PBA was just as bad. So to conclude, they both suck.

Unregistered
    Teamsters are done. They met with several Agency Heads and told them they will not hamper them or the Legislators. "We are here to make money". This statement was made before the last session. These guys should be put in jail they do nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast