Pasco Sheriff's Gun Purchases - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    We actually covered a good part of this story on episode 46 of LEO Round Table, my law enforcement talk show. You can click on the following link to watch the show and this piece begins at 16:21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZGWDlSZzHY

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock View Post
    We actually covered a good part of this story on episode 46 of LEO Round Table, my law enforcement talk show. You can click on the following link to watch the show and this piece begins at 16:21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZGWDlSZzHY

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance!
    With all due respect you missed at least two major points. No one and thats no one with any knowledge of firearms safety cleans a loaded gun. If its cleared you can pull the trigger all day. Therefore Pascos claim theyre safer is specious at best.

Second your story may be about guns. The Pasco story isnt about guns its about a pattern of highly questionable behavior and its implications. Are the taxpayers of Pasco being routinely mislead by the practices of an office and questionable actions that might present the appearance of impropriety?

Unregistered
    I guess they should've thought about all their shenanigans before messing with us. Tina (the reporter) is a very computer and straight forward reporter with no permanent ties to Florida. If stuff here was ethical, moral, etc then maybe we wouldn't all be telling/providing her anything she needs. Trust me when I say, this is ONLY scratching the surface.

Unregistered

Crooked

Nice story!

These are some crooked son of a *****es!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    With all due respect you missed at least two major points. No one and thats no one with any knowledge of firearms safety cleans a loaded gun. If its cleared you can pull the trigger all day. Therefore Pascos claim theyre safer is specious at best.

Second your story may be about guns. The Pasco story isnt about guns its about a pattern of highly questionable behavior and its implications. Are the taxpayers of Pasco being routinely mislead by the practices of an office and questionable actions that might present the appearance of impropriety?
    Thanks for the response, although judging from it I'm not sure you saw the entire piece. We talked about the accidental discharges being a Training Issue which is essentially what you are saying. You are correct, they never would have occurred if the weapon was properly unloaded first and we still feel there is a training issue at your agency.

The other issue concerning purchasing guns from Adams Arms and former Sheriff Bob White's connection was not covered, that's why I wrote "We actually covered a good part of this story" instead of saying we covered the entire thing. There may be a little bit of smoke with the number of people traveling on the taxpayer's dime, but my personal take on the story was that the Fox 13 investigative reporter was blowing it way out of proportion. I saw no conflict and no misappropriation of funds. I actually recently became aware of Adams Arms products and the fact that they are a local company and have one of the best warranties in the business (if not the best) is a major bargaining chip. Just my two cents.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock View Post
    Thanks for the response, although judging from it I'm not sure you saw the entire piece. We talked about the accidental discharges being a Training Issue which is essentially what you are saying. You are correct, they never would have occurred if the weapon was properly unloaded first and we still feel there is a training issue at your agency.

The other issue concerning purchasing guns from Adams Arms and former Sheriff Bob White's connection was not covered, that's why I wrote "We actually covered a good part of this story" instead of saying we covered the entire thing. There may be a little bit of smoke with the number of people traveling on the taxpayer's dime, but my personal take on the story was that the Fox 13 investigative reporter was blowing it way out of proportion. I saw no conflict and no misappropriation of funds. I actually recently became aware of Adams Arms products and the fact that they are a local company and have one of the best warranties in the business (if not the best) is a major bargaining chip. Just my two cents.
    First things first. It would be rude and ungrateful not to publicly acknowledge all the good youve done for the good of the order. THANK YOU.

Youre speaking as an outsider which is certainly well within your right. The issue is it appears they are fabricating a simple issue into a major one to justify the purchases. Look at the reasons offered and consider how serious they really are. Theyre playing to the congregation with a story thats not quite accurate making it appear theres a big safety issue. Drop mag work slide eject round clean gun not be careful it will go off accidentally duh.

The reporter hasnt blown anything out of proportion based on whats known and/or soon to be known. No bid camera contract. No bid scooter deals. No bid gun deals. Suspicious travel the appearance of impropriety.

No conflict? And youre basing that on what exactly? Because it sure gives the appearance of impropriety and its a pattern.
    Do they have any info from Colt, Smith or any independents? I doubt it and they ducked questions. Whatever happened to the practice of Open Government? Whats the presumption when cops wont answer questions? Im sure I dont have to tell you.

Lets look at the prices you can get on a Smith or Colt AR. Hundreds less and Id think those are two named companies.

And werent they squealing about what?

"We are proud for the opportunity to serve our citizens and we trust our efforts to maintain safety using a sound, fiscal approach is satisfactory to our residents and visitors." Sound fiscal approach? Please.

Warranty? Cmon lets be serious. Most of those guns will never see the light of day.

When youre representing the taxpayer and claiming "a sound, fiscal approach" it should matter not if theyre a local company. Its tax dollars not your dollars.

So youre putting a high capacity assault weapon in the hands of possibly untrained shooters thats capable of dropping projectiles a mile away think thats a good idea?

If the weapons are such a big concern lets ask how many tactical people are on the street for every shift. If the answer is not every shift whats the need to spend so much money and create the appearance of impropriety?

How about defining your "little bit of smoke" under and in the terms of the Ethics Commission?

Unregistered
    You should be happy you are getting Sig's... Over here in Hillsborough, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't trade you their FN's for your Sig's.

Unregistered
    You should be happy you are getting Sig's... Over here in Hillsborough, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't trade you their FN's for your Sig's.
    Wanna trade sheriffs? Theyll throw in a box of flares and a couple of Sigs.

Unregistered
    Wanna trade sheriffs? Theyll throw in a box of flares and a couple of Sigs.
    Only if you take our Chief Deputy also......

Unregistered
    Only if you take our Chief Deputy also......
    Never negotiate from a position of weakness. What deal are you offering?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast