Television News Coverage - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    And yes, everyone is laughing at FDC. Because we are all one big joke.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Story airing this week

Hi all - thanks to those of you that have reached out - 10News WTSP is planning on airing our story on DOC probation salaries this Wednesday night at 11pm. It should be on WTSP.com as well....and I will post it to my Facebook page earlier that evening as well.
    -Noah Pransky

Unregistered
    Thanks Noah . We are blessed to have you as a voice for us when it seems no one is listening or helping us.Perhaps you should consider riding with one of us also , I am up for it if you are.

Unregistered
    Thank you sir.

Unregistered
    Thank You to all who came forward. Keep helping this reporter help us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahPransky View Post
    Hi all - thanks to those of you that have reached out - 10News WTSP is planning on airing our story on DOC probation salaries this Wednesday night at 11pm. It should be on WTSP.com as well....and I will post it to my Facebook page earlier that evening as well.
    -Noah Pransky
    Thank You!!!

Unregistered
    Lets hope the important people stay up past 11 o'clock.

Unregistered
    Can someone please post a link to this story?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone please post a link to this story?
    http://www.wtsp.com/news/investigati...cers/144933633

Unregistered
    PINELLAS COUNTY, Florida - The same day 10Investigates broadcast another story about the state's failure to properly fund and outfit probation officers, an unarmed female officer conducting an early-morning community visit was met at a felon's home by an armed and unhappy family member, according to an incident report.

A year-long 10Investigates series has exposed how little Florida probation officers get paid to supervise felons living in the community, as well as the often-poor resources they're given to do their jobs. If officers wish to carry a firearm while checking on high-risk felons, they must purchase it themselves, which many officers say is unaffordable for new hires.

Wednesday's incident in a Pinellas Park neighborhood occurred when a new officer went to a felon's home for a routine address verification. The officer reported that the felon's stepfather answered the door with a black gun pointed at the ground.

The man returned inside, while the offender reportedly apologized to the officer. Pinellas Park Police later responded to incident, but said there was nothing they could do since the man brandished the weapon legally inside his own home.

A probation supervisor indicated in the incident report the officer's "safety concerns and future case management" of this particular offender will be discussed and reviewed

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast