Television News Coverage
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Television News Coverage

10News WTSP is working on another story about probation's salary struggles and we're looking for men and women who have worked in DOC probation in recent years who are willing to do interviews with us.

We've heard from a lot of you regarding the struggles of trying to get by on the DOC salary, so if you'd be willing to assist us in putting a human face on the statistics, email me at npransky@wtsp.com.
    npransky @ wtsp com

Unregistered
    You should do one on both sides.

facebook has many group's correction and probation come together and discuss what's going on. Here's two www.facebook.com/groups/38559610733/ Florida Correctional Officers Online
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/37781...741/?ref=br_tf The Correctional Officer Brotherhood

Unregistered
    Absolutely agreed, you are leaving big house on a side.

Unregistered
    As we've done for the last year and a half, we aim to show how tough it is for a probation officer to get by on 35k...and the need for second jobs when the agency doesn't raise salaries for nine years. We think its an important message to continue to bring to Tallahassee.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

The last post....

(The last post was mine)
    -Noah

Unregistered
    Thank you Noah for still hanging in there with us . I will have someone contact you . Have you completed a public records request for folks working second jobs ? We do have forms that have to be approved for securing a second job .We have supervisors and officers who have second jobs . My office manager has one as well as 1/2 the staff. You will find that many of us come to this site but only look because of some craziness that occurs here. This is my first time in two years replying but I wanted to say thanks for helping us get new equipment and cars that would not have been issued if not for your reporting We wish they maintained them better but opps it up to the officer manager who looks the other way and allows the cars to be used despite us filling out forms saying they are in need of a mechanics attentions. Oh well .

A raise would be awesome . I only have 5 years left or I would be gone . We strongly encourage the new rookies to run to the jail where they will get a 6000.00 raise.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahPransky View Post
    10News WTSP is working on another story about probation's salary struggles and we're looking for men and women who have worked in DOC probation in recent years who are willing to do interviews with us.

We've heard from a lot of you regarding the struggles of trying to get by on the DOC salary, so if you'd be willing to assist us in putting a human face on the statistics, email me at npransky@wtsp.com.
    npransky @ wtsp com
    Has anyone stepped up to the plate?

Unregistered
    The salaries suck on both sides of DOC (prisons and probation). At least on the prison side they get overtime. Noah should look into how there is no overtime allowed in probation. Yeah I've heard all the stories how they used to have it in the early 90s but I started in 2001 and have never seen it despite numerous times you are forced to go over your time. Yes the salaries are a problem, but other states have low pay as well. The difference is they get overtime when needed to help compensate.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has anyone stepped up to the plate?
    I have a family to feed otherwise I would.

Unregistered
    I have to ask my new agency and will proceed if allowed. I left the job because of the money . I received 6000.00 pay raise to co to the county jail and have received a raise the last 4 years. I hope my Department allows me to speak on camera. The secretary had sent a letter out telling them they shouldn't hire us because they needed us more . While the letter infuriated most agencies I a just not sure they will allow us to speak to you .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast