Hey Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Chief

Unregistered
    No one answered the question, ousaid they hired an outsider for jacksonville LT, did anyone internal apply?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one answered the question, ousaid they hired an outsider for jacksonville LT, did anyone internal apply?
    Yes. There were internal applicants.

Unregistered
    I think its morale killer when an internal applicant is passed over for an outsider

Unregistered
    I think its morale killer when an internal applicant is passed over for an outsider
    It is but you can't kill something that is already dead. This brand of insanity has been going on for years. It started with a lieutenant and expanded to captains majors Chiefs, et al. The most insane thing is the very people passed over get to train the one that got hired. Crap like that doesn't happen in police agencies but it does happen in political ones.

Unregistered
    A big problem is not alot of agents want to promote. Whats the incentive? If they made the LT salary 65k heck eeryone would apply. But 10k more than an agent and you loose your freedom. Tied down to the office 9-5 or 8-4 m-f. Agent life is sooo mich sweeter.

Unregistered
    A big problem is not alot of agents want to promote. Whats the incentive? If they made the LT salary 65k heck eeryone would apply. But 10k more than an agent and you loose your freedom. Tied down to the office 9-5 or 8-4 m-f. Agent life is sooo mich sweeter.
    65k for LT would certainly increase the number of applicants but then you would have an even bigger problem. New LT's would be making more than a LT that had been here 10 years. Pay compression has never even been addressed at ABT.

Unregistered

Lt hours

Im lost. What are the actual hours for a LT? Are they set or are they flexible. Some districts it seems LTs are always out and about and others seem to be tied to a desk.

Unregistered
    Im lost. What are the actual hours for a LT? Are they set or are they flexible. Some districts it seems LTs are always out and about and others seem to be tied to a desk.
    Every LT has different requirements. Most work when the office is open because there has to be someone available to explain things to the captains. Some LTs have offices of their own so they have the responsibility of the office as well as personnel. In offices where there are 2-3 LTs, they get out in the field when they can. As far as hours they work from varied to varied.

Unregistered
    I feel it was necessary to present the absurdity of the poster's argument. That diatribe doesn't represent the majority of agents.
    BS if it don't! I thought the post was well written. You must be VN's boy

Unregistered

Angry

I dont see a need for the majors. Or at least majors and asst chief. It should be chief, one person either one major or deputy chief, then captains.
    Spugey Spuge no likey.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast