Let's help BSO deputy

Unregistered

Let's help BSO deputy

I think it's fair to say that unless something is not being reported our brother BSO deputy is getting railroaded by politicians and political correctness. Perhaps we can organize something to help him out. I'm a nobody who has 20 years on and believes strongly in sticking together especially in today's PC climate. Hopefully someone will read this who is somebody and can get the wheels turning. Thanks and stay safe

Unregistered
    The PBA, FOP and other Police organization concerned with ensuring a just outcome to this case must consolidate fiscal resources to help with legal fees. Whether during these tumultuous political correctness days or back in the day, a Grand Jury can indict, but the State must prove guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt. No one promised us a rose garden, but the State has a major hurdle to overcome in Graham v. Connor 490 U.S. 386 (1989). Read the below; salient Graham excerpt.

“(c) The Fourth Amendment "reasonableness" inquiry is whether the officers' actions are "objectively reasonable" in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them, without regard to their underlying intent or motivation. The "reasonableness" of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, and its calculus must embody an allowance for the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation. Pp. 490 U. S. 396-397.”
    Surely the deputy’s attorney, applying Graham will mount a vigorous defend.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/490/386/

Unregistered
    Here is the gofund me link for him.
    https://www.gofundme.com/rqejjqkg

Unregistered
    Thanks MDPD. Always thought you guys were a cut above

Unregistered
    Yeah their a cut above the goddfellas

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Sign Petition to Support Broward Deputy Charged w/Manslaughter (Change.org)

You may find this surprising to hear from a criminal defense attorney, but I support Deputy Peraza 100%. He is the Broward Sheriff's Office deputy recently indicted two and a half years after a JUSTIFIED shooting with an armed suspect.

I believe he is wrongfully accused and I am disgusted by the fact that he is now facing a 1st Degree Felony for doing his job and defending life.

I am posting here to seek your support in fighting back.

Help me send a clear message to Broward County's elected State Attorney, Michael J. Satz, that this type of political prosecution is not supported by the community - especially by those who wear kevlar to work every day.

You can read my legal analysis of the case here: http://www.briansilber.com/2015/12/s...ty-peraza.html

You can read and sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/michael-j-s...edium=copylink

Sign it. Share it. Fight for what is right!

Thank you all for what you do to keep our community safe. You have supporters in places you might not ever imagine.

- Brian Silber, Esq.

www.CourthouseInsider.com

Unregistered

Thanks MPD

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is the gofund me link for him.
    https://www.gofundme.com/rqejjqkg

Today, 04:32 PM #2
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    One of my buddies works for the Miami Police Department, has made two donations thus far, and said he will probably make a third, he is amazed at the lack of financial support BSO guys are giving to this deputy accused of a justified shooting, I told him that's BSO for you, and that most deputies here are a joke, hope one of you guys are never jammed up and looking for financial support to help you though it. It's bad enough there's no support from the Sheriff regarding this shooting, and this deputy can't even get financial support from the deputies he worked with, not even 17k raised, some of you spend more on your lunch, pathetic....

Thanks MPD.
    Please thank your Miami friend.
    Are you just referencing the gofundme page?
    How is the wells fargo acct going?
    Are there any other donation things, IUPA, PBA, HOPE-stuff we can tie together?

Does anyone realize that we are about 6,000 strong? NO ONE can touch that. Write a check and put Deputy Peraza's Family in the memo space. If anyone gets grief, you don't think in this case everyone wouldn't back each other up?

Unregistered
    We should reach out to Attorney Roy Black and see if he'll take the case with a law enforcement discount on his fees. Roy knows the system and he is a connected guy, that is who needs to be lead counsel in this case.