10 min Mile Command Staff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

Muppet

Didn't Cook used to work for Jim Hensen as a Muppet and continues to act like one today?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    The limited interaction I had with the Mayor .. I found her to be thoughtful in her reply and reasoning. Do I agree with her, mostly no. Did I find her dirty, not at all. I think the time and efforts spent on a feckless "Human Rights" bill was a waste of time and money. I know that isn't the politically correct stand but in the end.. whenever we identify protected classes, we are neglecting others. Human Rights should be about the individual and not one based on my gender, sexual preference or skin color. Kudos to her for making it happen for she and her special group. I am hoping with that behind us, we can take a good long look at what is really going on and deal with the multitude of lumps under the proverbial rug.

In my opinion, the center of our City scandals always comes back to our City Manager. It is his responsibility to manage the departments. He has failed, again and again in my opinion. He needs to be held accountable for such. He neither holds the PD Admin accountable to make meaningful change. The switcheroo of the bought and paid for "outside" PD review that was subsequently twisted and manipulated to make it appear something is being done.. does he think we are stupid and blind? Instead, we find a group of career men paying the price for Leadership failure. LTs at the PD and those that paid for the FEMA cheating scandal... why is it never heads rolling at the Leadership level? Now we have the absurdity of the latest bullshit with limiting public access to City Hall.. cutting back public comments at meetings by the public.. then there is the never ending crap being pulled on Public Records... which again limits the access and influence of the public.

Should the Commission be looking closer.. absolutely. However, until enough of us raise hell with them.. hold their feet to the fire.. the scandals that never resolve around Lewis will continue. I suspect when the voluminous lawsuits start coming to light.. and out of the coffers more of us will be made aware and start pushing back harder and louder. Those that choose to not be a check to his unruly power.. well they are the ones that we replace with someone who will do the peoples work.

Pick up a phone, a pen or write an email to the press, or the Commission... Make it known it is a time for change.
    stephanie, just a short year ago you believed in the chief and his cronies, after suffering from there consistent lies and deceit you now know how this place operates. You place the blame on the chiefs boss, the city manager and his assistant manager, this is also correct. The mayor is in fact the head of the commissioners. What has she or they as a commission done to stop all these scandals. Nothing. They pass there anti discrimination law, but purposely leave out the disabled and veterans. Wonder why the law only really protects gays?.
    Wonder why they are trying to pass a law giving the city manager powers to settle claims up to one hundred thousand dollars each claim? Maybe to keep these claims from public scrutiny.
    Again, I must remind you when you thought the admin was listening and agreeing with you, they were laughing behind your back. The commissioners are there bosses and the mayor is at least on paper the commissioners boss, so stephanie, who is ultimately to be held responsible.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Mayor title is mostly, just that, a title. One vote among five. She is neither stupid or corrupt. She is well reasoned and uniquely qualified to understand what is going on at the PD. If the connection to Pelfrey is as described, maybe the inside line will help her gather more evidence to the cosmetic leadership within the PD Admin. She and Commissioner Yates are our two most likely to be persuaded to see what is going on and provide support to the change we want to happen.

For my money, the one that needs to be replaced on the Commission is Cook. She has demonstrated publically her lack of a willingness to listen, to the public or her peers on the dais, nor does she think for herself or recognize her role as a leader. She is a rubber stamper. In replies to my emails, I have gotten nothing but a carte blanche for PD Admin. Below an example to request for her thoughts and willingness to support body cameras..

Cheryl Cook <ccook@cityofnorthport.com>

Jul 14
    to me

I say each of us look around and start finding folks in our circle of friends and colleagues that would consider stepping up to run for the Commission who are serious in wanting to turn things around in this City.

Our chief keeps me advised on how he can best protect his men and women and the safety of residents. I would not in any way, especially as a layman, undermine him by making suggestions as to how he should run his department. When I have questions or need to follow-up on information, Chief Vespia always addresses my concerns immediately and with back-up documents, if necessary.

Thank you for your input.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Cook
    North Port City Commissioner
    I agree, this one has to go, the other seat is finally becoming vacant. In regards to the mayor, you are right, she is not stupid and quite educated. This is my problem. She has a degree in psychology and criminal justice and yet she allows, yes, that's right allows the city manager and his crew to mismanage this city in addition the antics and scandals in various departments within the city let alone what is transpiring daily in the NPPD. No, she is corrupt, corruption is not only tied to illegal dealings but is also tied to being complacent to numerous illegal act which occur within our police dept and other city departments. Take a long hard look at how she handles adversity within her own commissioner structure, just look at any past meeting. Look at how the city manager stalking case has disappeared. She promised change when she was elected, we got change alright, for the worse. All three commissioners need to be replaced.

Unregistered
    I agree, this one has to go, the other seat is finally becoming vacant. In regards to the mayor, you are right, she is not stupid and quite educated. This is my problem. She has a degree in psychology and criminal justice and yet she allows, yes, that's right allows the city manager and his crew to mismanage this city in addition the antics and scandals in various departments within the city let alone what is transpiring daily in the NPPD. No, she is corrupt, corruption is not only tied to illegal dealings but is also tied to being complacent to numerous illegal act which occur within our police dept and other city departments. Take a long hard look at how she handles adversity within her own commissioner structure, just look at any past meeting. Look at how the city manager stalking case has disappeared. She promised change when she was elected, we got change alright, for the worse. All three commissioners need to be replaced.
    All three? There are five. Which two are okay to stay? Just curious.

On another note, during the next Commission meeting, Rhonda DiFranco will be replaced. A new mayor will be voted in. We know it won't be Tom Jones or Linda Yates. It can either be Cheryl Cook or Jacqueline Moore. Comm. Moore is the logical choice since she's Vice Mayor but........will it happen or will we have Ms. Cook as the fearless leader of the Commission? Only time will tell.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    stephanie, just a short year ago you believed in the chief and his cronies, after suffering from there consistent lies and deceit you now know how this place operates. You place the blame on the chiefs boss, the city manager and his assistant manager, this is also correct. The mayor is in fact the head of the commissioners. What has she or they as a commission done to stop all these scandals. Nothing. They pass there anti discrimination law, but purposely leave out the disabled and veterans. Wonder why the law only really protects gays?.
    Wonder why they are trying to pass a law giving the city manager powers to settle claims up to one hundred thousand dollars each claim? Maybe to keep these claims from public scrutiny.
    Again, I must remind you when you thought the admin was listening and agreeing with you, they were laughing behind your back. The commissioners are there bosses and the mayor is at least on paper the commissioners boss, so stephanie, who is ultimately to be held responsible.
    You may be right... and there may be something to her getting the Gay Right ordinance, disguised as Human Rights, passed by shakey means. The fact they shoved it to a Special Meeting that costs everyone additional time and money JUST so she could sign it as Mayor spoke volumes to me. It is politics, I suppose. I try hard not to judge those I don't know and I really don't know her. Rarely are things or people, Black or White. I had hoped with her cop and psych background that she would be more open and understanding to the changes I want to affect. Perhaps she is, but has been too busy giving away what they needed/wanted, to in order to get her, very special piece of pie. Again, she got it done and she is reasonable.. so now that she has what she wants.. maybe she can focus on what is best for our police, our citizens.. and our City.

As for those passing out lip service to placate the crazy mans momma… it only reinforced my suspicions.. of what I have known now for nearly two years.. I just gave it time and distance to be sure of my thoughts. As for what they say, I don’t give a hoot what they think of me or say behind my back. I told them directly and I will say again.. I ain’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

As for allowing our CM to wield power of settlement under 100K.. I agree it should not happen and will push back as hard as I can. Whether we can stop it remains to be seen.. If I were suing, I would not settle for a nickel less than $100,001… but then I would push it to court.. make the *******s commit perjury but then we have already established I am not the brightest bulb in the batch. When they settle.. it WILL not go unnoticed by the public or press.

Ultimately, you and I are responsible.. as is every other taxpayer. We get what we elect.

Guaranteed Halloween Scare...... Mayor Cook!

All three? There are five. Which two are okay to stay? Just curious.

On another note, during the next Commission meeting, Rhonda DiFranco will be replaced. A new mayor will be voted in. We know it won't be Tom Jones or Linda Yates. It can either be Cheryl Cook or Jacqueline Moore. Comm. Moore is the logical choice since she's Vice Mayor but........will it happen or will we have Ms. Cook as the fearless leader of the Commission? Only time will tell.
    Uggghh.. Cook at the helm..? Wouldn't that be heaven for Lewis and Company. I assumed it would be Moore.. who seems like a nice lady.. but time will tell if she is a leader. I just don't know yet.

Mayor Cook.. BOOOOOoooooooo!!! PLEASE say it aint gonna be so.. May need to trade the Sangria in for Grey Goose to make THAT spook of a thought to go away!

Happy Halloween 8)

Unregistered

D c

I TOLD you DC Baker Act would be a nightmare!!! The stories are rolling out and there's nothing he can do to minimize it. I remember "back in the day" when he would brag about "busting" a suspect's head open with a mag light and laugh about it. Just remember that when he tries to hem you up for a use of force issue! What a liability......

Clarify please..

I TOLD you DC Baker Act would be a nightmare!!! The stories are rolling out and there's nothing he can do to minimize it. I remember "back in the day" when he would brag about "busting" a suspect's head open with a mag light and laugh about it. Just remember that when he tries to hem you up for a use of force issue! What a liability......
    Could you please clarify for me.. I am assuming DC are someone's initials that you are talking to, correct? What is the back in the day remark, are you referring to the Chief, the Captain or the IA Inspector that is the Liability?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12