10 min Mile Command Staff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

10 min Mile Command Staff

Last Friday saw the official roll out and swearing in of our new command staff.
    Other the members of the department, family members and a couple of area department heads, the city chambers were empty.
    To be more specific, no one from the general public attended.

The mayor was there of course. The now retired SSO deputy was no doubt watching her former SO boss Mike Pelfrey official become our New deputy chief.
    What? You say you did not know that Mayor D worked under him?
    Well don't feel bad, next to no one knows that either.

With that let's get to the topic; Ten Mile Command Staff.
    The photo that our propaganda minister put out to the public kind of spells it out.
    No one there is physically capable of running a ten min mile.
    Yet these individuals were appointed to their positions because of their superior abilities.
    Then there's the new commanders, who for whatever reason have all shaved bald heads. That is with the exception of Cmdr Richter. He had better get with the herd mind and shave his head as well before he becomes the first victim to get the boot from the group.

Now this sure to get the condemnation from someone here but it's a fact.
    Vespia constantly expounds on how diversified or department is.
    Yet all of the new promotions are white and male.

To end this, someone brought up that there is still one commander job that has not been filled.
    As was pointed out the position is scheduled to be filled in April.
    It is being filled by a member of the FDLE.
    It can only be hypothesized that the reason for the April start, is when said officer retires from their state job.

Now that the carnival sideshow is over PR wise, it is time for these people to get down to business.
    What that business is, is anyone's guess.

Unregistered
    Good luck with Pelfrey. I worked in one of the units he commanded......and I can tell you that you need to watch your back with him. He will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if he feels it will benefit him. I watched many good people suffer and some lose their jobs because of him. Now, he has mental health issues (well documented), and he is turning his terror loose on NPPD. Who requests in their resignation letter for no ceremony, no memo, just to slither away silently?? Good luck boys and girls, you'll need it.

......and by the way, before Mrs. Pelfrey or Pelfrey Jr. jump on here to defend him (and start bashing me), I can proudly say that while I worked under him, I stayed out of his way and was never disciplined, fired or written up. I only write this as a public service to those who will be working for him.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The mayor was there of course. The now retired SSO deputy was no doubt watching her former SO boss Mike Pelfrey official become our New deputy chief.
    What? You say you did not know that Mayor D worked under him?
    Well don't feel bad, next to no one knows that either.
    Someone finaly brought up some of DiFranco's connection to Pilferey.

She also has strong ties to Terry Lewis as well. Which in turn means she has close ties to Vespia.
    Now I hope the dimn bulbs here can see why the city commission gives Kevin everything he wants.

Unregistered
    Someone finaly brought up some of DiFranco's connection to Pilferey.

She also has strong ties to Terry Lewis as well. Which in turn means she has close ties to Vespia.
    Now I hope the dimn bulbs here can see why the city commission gives Kevin everything he wants.
    What are DiFranco's ties to Terry Lewis? Why does everyone feel they need to say everything as if it's a riddle that only the Joker can solve? If you know something, say something. There are people on the outside who are looking out. Help them help you.

Unregistered

Trust me on this

What are DiFranco's ties to Terry Lewis? Why does everyone feel they need to say everything as if it's a riddle that only the Joker can solve? If you know something, say something. There are people on the outside who are looking out. Help them help you.

Rhonda DiFranco obviously cannot state it but i ASSURE you she doesn't like and has NEVER liked Terry Lewis !!!! You dont have to worry about her - she is a straight shooter.

As far as Pelfrey - the other author mentioned to watch your back. YOU BETTER LISTEN !!! He is unstable as the worst BA52 you have ever taken in and can spin on a dime!!!

As for your open position; word is M E R C U R I O is coming down from SSO. If that happens, you guys are ****ed.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2423275]Rhonda DiFranco obviously cannot state it but i ASSURE you she doesn't like and has NEVER liked Terry Lewis !!!! You dont have to worry about her - she is a straight shooter.

As far as Pelfrey - the other author mentioned to watch your back. YOU BETTER LISTEN !!! He is unstable as the worst BA52 you have ever taken in and can spin on a dime!!!

As for your open position; word is M E R C U R I O is coming down from SSO. If that happens, you guys are ****ed.

obviously you do not work here. Not for one second does anyone believe the mayor is a straight shooter. Corruption and favoritism has flourished on her watch. she has allowed the antics of this administration to lie and deprive both employees and citizens of their even basic human rights. Two of our elected officiasl are up for election next year, one other is finally being put out to pasture. We need to keep revealing the antics and lies of this administration, the public reads this . Would a straight shooter leave the city manager, his assistant and his majesty the chief in place with all these scandals, I think not.
    Once the commissioners are gone and replaced, I am sure the city manager and his cronies and his majesty and his suck ups will be history. North Port is changing daily, more and more educated, interested homeowners and taxpayers. One more year and hopefully, well we will see !!!!

Unregistered

Wrong

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2423759]
    Rhonda DiFranco obviously cannot state it but i ASSURE you she doesn't like and has NEVER liked Terry Lewis !!!! You dont have to worry about her - she is a straight shooter.

obviously you do not work here. Not for one second does anyone believe the mayor is a straight shooter. Corruption and favoritism has flourished on her watch. she has allowed the antics of this administration to lie and deprive both employees and citizens of their even basic human rights. Two of our elected officiasl are up for election next year, one other is finally being put out to pasture. We need to keep revealing the antics and lies of this administration, the public reads this . Would a straight shooter leave the city manager, his assistant and his majesty the chief in place with all these scandals, I think not.
    Once the commissioners are gone and replaced, I am sure the city manager and his cronies and his majesty and his suck ups will be history. North Port is changing daily, more and more educated, interested homeowners and taxpayers. One more year and hopefully, well we will see !!!!

Ok, i reserve the right that I could be wrong on her political tenure down there; I do not live down there and dont know. But I will say as a cop, and i worked for her, she was ethical moreso than almost anyone I know and she would back you up on call immediately without ****ing around. She was a good cop. Im not saying a go getter - you dont have to be a go getter to be a good cop. If she really is dirty now as a politician, then I am wrong and very disappointed.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Time for a change

The limited interaction I had with the Mayor .. I found her to be thoughtful in her reply and reasoning. Do I agree with her, mostly no. Did I find her dirty, not at all. I think the time and efforts spent on a feckless "Human Rights" bill was a waste of time and money. I know that isn't the politically correct stand but in the end.. whenever we identify protected classes, we are neglecting others. Human Rights should be about the individual and not one based on my gender, sexual preference or skin color. Kudos to her for making it happen for she and her special group. I am hoping with that behind us, we can take a good long look at what is really going on and deal with the multitude of lumps under the proverbial rug.

In my opinion, the center of our City scandals always comes back to our City Manager. It is his responsibility to manage the departments. He has failed, again and again in my opinion. He needs to be held accountable for such. He neither holds the PD Admin accountable to make meaningful change. The switcheroo of the bought and paid for "outside" PD review that was subsequently twisted and manipulated to make it appear something is being done.. does he think we are stupid and blind? Instead, we find a group of career men paying the price for Leadership failure. LTs at the PD and those that paid for the FEMA cheating scandal... why is it never heads rolling at the Leadership level? Now we have the absurdity of the latest bullshit with limiting public access to City Hall.. cutting back public comments at meetings by the public.. then there is the never ending crap being pulled on Public Records... which again limits the access and influence of the public.

Should the Commission be looking closer.. absolutely. However, until enough of us raise hell with them.. hold their feet to the fire.. the scandals that never resolve around Lewis will continue. I suspect when the voluminous lawsuits start coming to light.. and out of the coffers more of us will be made aware and start pushing back harder and louder. Those that choose to not be a check to his unruly power.. well they are the ones that we replace with someone who will do the peoples work.

Pick up a phone, a pen or write an email to the press, or the Commission... Make it known it is a time for change.

Unregistered
    Let's make a few things clear.
    Who hires and fires the North Port City Manager?
    The North Port City Commissioners.
    Now there has been numerous scandals involving all parts of the city government under the watch of Lewis.
    That is an absolute fact and not a personnel opinion.

Now if Di Franco was such a top notch cop, why have her LEO powers of deductive reasoning and intuitiveness abandoned her?

Christ, a first year rookie would have drawn the only conclusion. The problem with the city government is either a lack of oversight or negligence on part of the top rung of the ladder.

An honest to god intelligent LEO would have raised the issue with the rest of the city commission.

On the other hand a mindless or political LEO would ignore such actions.

So which is people?
    Is she a stupid or corrupt cop?

Unregistered

Mayor is but one vote...

The Mayor title is mostly, just that, a title. One vote among five. She is neither stupid or corrupt. She is well reasoned and uniquely qualified to understand what is going on at the PD. If the connection to Pelfrey is as described, maybe the inside line will help her gather more evidence to the cosmetic leadership within the PD Admin. She and Commissioner Yates are our two most likely to be persuaded to see what is going on and provide support to the change we want to happen.

For my money, the one that needs to be replaced on the Commission is Cook. She has demonstrated publically her lack of a willingness to listen, to the public or her peers on the dais, nor does she think for herself or recognize her role as a leader. She is a rubber stamper. In replies to my emails, I have gotten nothing but a carte blanche for PD Admin. Below an example to request for her thoughts and willingness to support body cameras..

Cheryl Cook <ccook@cityofnorthport.com>

Jul 14
    to me

I say each of us look around and start finding folks in our circle of friends and colleagues that would consider stepping up to run for the Commission who are serious in wanting to turn things around in this City.

Our chief keeps me advised on how he can best protect his men and women and the safety of residents. I would not in any way, especially as a layman, undermine him by making suggestions as to how he should run his department. When I have questions or need to follow-up on information, Chief Vespia always addresses my concerns immediately and with back-up documents, if necessary.

Thank you for your input.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Cook
    North Port City Commissioner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast