It would seem that here in North Florida there is a FWC Officer that messes with game cameras on private property.
If he thinks the camera has taken his picture he will take the card out of the camera and take it to his truck and erase the pictures. If he sees the camera before getting to close he will slip up behind it and either turn it off or or disengage the card. The officer has admitted to this to some of the property owners/lease holders, says he does not want people to know he has been there.

In many instances he has no reason to be there in the first place other than being nosy.

He has done it to my camera, I guess he does not know about the program Recuva.

Everything I do on my property is legal and ethical so I am not worried about that aspect of the officer being there, the problem I have is him being there without cause (being nosy) and messing with private property (camera) he has no right or business messing with.

As a retired LEO it is in my opinion unethical, bordering on illegal (trespassing) by being on the property without cause. Is there a hidden or little known Statute that allows FWC Officers to do this? I am sure that the Officer can come up with an excuse, even if not legitimate or the truth for being on the property. I know the game.

Is this common practice for FWC Officers?