Illegal lobster harvest - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My parents are in fact very proud of me.
    I have worked hard all of my life, attended college and graduated, became a law enforcement officer and treat all with the respect they give me.
    More importantly, I have learned to use discretion when enforcing the laws and have found that sometimes a good butt-chewing is as effective as a misdemeanor citation; after all, what we seek is voluntary compliance and sometimes a little behavior modification. There are no absolutes and every case must be weighted in its totality including unintended consequences.
    This was not a murder, or arson, or treason and the purpose of the Mini-Season is for people to enjoy themselves and catch some lobster; mistakes will be made as we are mere mortals and subject to the imperfections of that status.
    Perhaps some time in Mount Olympus with you and yours will enlighten me and the rest of the imperfect mortals as how to deal with these situations in a more accepted Draconian enforcement methodology.
    You appear to be a very unhappy and bitter person who displaces aggression towards everything around you and may be in need of a little "Outside Help" to help you put the experience of LIFE in perspective.

Please don't write a rebuttal, although I know that your ego will command you to do so in order to get the last word.
    Excellent response I am proud to be a leo with you!

Unregistered
    My parents are in fact very proud of me.
    I have worked hard all of my life, attended college and graduated, became a law enforcement officer and treat all with the respect they give me.
    More importantly, I have learned to use discretion when enforcing the laws and have found that sometimes a good butt-chewing is as effective as a misdemeanor citation; after all, what we seek is voluntary compliance and sometimes a little behavior modification. There are no absolutes and every case must be weighted in its totality including unintended consequences.
    This was not a murder, or arson, or treason and the purpose of the Mini-Season is for people to enjoy themselves and catch some lobster; mistakes will be made as we are mere mortals and subject to the imperfections of that status.
    Perhaps some time in Mount Olympus with you and yours will enlighten me and the rest of the imperfect mortals as how to deal with these situations in a more accepted Draconian enforcement methodology.
    You appear to be a very unhappy and bitter person who displaces aggression towards everything around you and may be in need of a little "Outside Help" to help you put the experience of LIFE in perspective.

Please don't write a rebuttal, although I know that your ego will command you to do so in order to get the last word.

Great response!!!!!!!!! I think there are more pressing issues to debate on this forum.

Unregistered
    Great response!!!!!!!!! I think there are more pressing issues to debate on this forum.
    Then LEOs who are OK with committing crimes? Any of you remember the oath you raised your right hands to and took?

What a shame.

Unregistered
    Then LEOs who are OK with committing crimes? Any of you remember the oath you raised your right hands to and took?

What a shame.

I know how I can change your outlook on your previous statement.

Let me follow you for a few hours and I will write you a citation for every violation that you will undoubtedly commit.

"Officer, don't you guys have anything better to do, why don't you go after some real criminals like bank robbers or something?"

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant
    I know how I can change your outlook on your previous statement.

Let me follow you for a few hours and I will write you a citation for every violation that you will undoubtedly commit.

"Officer, don't you guys have anything better to do, why don't you go after some real criminals like bank robbers or something?"
    Yet undoubtedly you would whine and cry if someone followed you around doing the same.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by doc justice View Post
    Yet undoubtedly you would whine and cry if someone followed you around doing the same.
    No really; if YOU did it to ME it would be stalking and I would throw your Ph.D ass in jail so fast you would think you were in the Enterprise's Transporter.

Beam me up Scotty

No really; if YOU did it to ME it would be stalking and I would throw your Ph.D ass in jail so fast you would think you were in the Enterprise's Transporter.

Beam me up Scotty
    Thank you for proving my point for me, better than I ever could have.

Excuse me while I bow to your omnipotence of great and mighty one, he who cannot be named.

Thanks for clearing that up for us. I took the liberty below of translating your troglodytish, into a language others would better understand.

So basically you stated that you would be such a little Sally about receiving said treatment you threaten upon others, that you would falsely arrest someone under false pretenses just to show them who's boss.

You displayed your utter lack of understanding of FS.784.048, based on the fact pattern you have "alleged". Unless you are now alleging that your "alleged" fact pattern would include all the elements of the crime, and that you were threatening to carry out unlawful behavior yourself. Just wanted to clarify that point for you.

I forgive you and know the meaning of words/phrases like "repeatedly" and "series of acts" escape you, as does "constitutionally protected activity".

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by doc justice View Post
    Jesus, look what reared it's ugly head again. Not quite as annoying as Gus, but almost. Spouting the law with no real understanding of it. Just another day of LEO affairs drama.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;22319, look what reared it's ugly head again. Not quite as annoying as Gus, but almost. Spouting the law with no real understanding of it. Just another day of LEO affairs drama.[/QUOTE]

So you are claiming that following someone around one time would be stalking. No obviously it is you who not only does not understand law, and apparently you cannot read a statute and comprehend it's meaning either.

Unregistered
    As an on-duty LEO and while in the performance of my official duties the act of following me around as you stated would place me in fear of my life as I have no knowledge of your intentions.
    In this day and age of attacks on LEOs I would be more than justified to take you out of the car at gunpoint after your presence is detected and it has become clear that you are following me. With your history of metal illness and almost baker acted, I would have no problems in making a case.

Go for it toots, a few hours in the TGK tank will make a believer out of you.

I got to go and take a crap and there is no toilet paper, can I use your PhD diploma?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast