Chances of getting hired?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Chances of getting hired?

My father works for MDPD. I will be recieving two bachelors in Public Adminstration and Criminal Justice from FIU after fall. I am also interning with MDPD this fall before I graduate. What are my chances? Wish you guys the best of luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My father works for MDPD. I will be recieving two bachelors in Public Adminstration and Criminal Justice from FIU after fall. I am also interning with MDPD this fall before I graduate. What are my chances? Wish you guys the best of luck.
    Good luck to you in the future.. but a word of advice.. do not use this board for any legit advice. Do your due diligence at MDPD and any other dept you want to get hired at.. and put your applications in. Do well on any tests.. and keep friends outside of LEOS during your career.. It is a great job, with some good benefits and a good retirement... but the ones who usually use this board are disgruntled, LEOS who just want to talk crap anonymously!

I have seen the circus since 1972.. its like a rollercoaster ride.. I am now enjoying the benefits of a city and state retirement along with money saved in deferred comp..Enjoy the ride I did.. traveled the USA on cases.. and also overseas on a homicide case. Stay positive. Only your integrity.. ethics and accountability will be viewed when you leave.. by the way set yourself up for additional jobs once you retire.. choose wisely and you will have a fun filled life..

Unregistered
    Thank you! I truly appreciate your advice! God bless and thank you for your service! Stay safe and God bless

Unregistered
    Papo your dad works for the County? You're already in! That's all they hire now, spoiled brats with connections. Your chance will come you can break the mold and earn what you get here or you can just ask your dad to hook you up....
    And we all know you'll do the right thing.
    Just kidding kick you're feet up and enjoy the ride you're dad earned it for you.

Unregistered
    Thank you. I'm really not counting on my father and honestly trying to do whatever it takes to get In. I am starting my two masters this fall, as well as my internship. Hopefully everything I work so hard for, pays off. I having my father in the department helps me, but I have bigger goals to hopefully become director and represent all my brothers and sisters in the department. Hopefully everything go well. God bless to you guys all.

Unregistered
    Seriously? The Director? How about making it through probation first (assuming you get that far)?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant
    I am no longer curios as to why some MDPD officers would think I'd be a good Chief. LMBO

Unregistered
    Papo, I'm 19 and already starting my masters. That's why it's called a goal. It may be hard for you to even get to lieutenant without a degree (that's assuming you even get to sargeant).

Unregistered
    Aim high bro^ don't listen to the reject. He's one of the stingy fools that hate on everyone in command because he can't ever get promoted

Unregistered
    Wow man I'm 23 abt to start my bachelor and applied to mdpd waiting for them to call in the Feb 2015 applicant's hope we see each other there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast