A letter from the Teamsters - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    7 percent for all state employees? With Governor Scott in office? Shit aint never happenin folks.
    Sad but true

Unregistered
    You have no faith and lead a very sad life. You must be one of the six losers in circuit six.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    7 percent for all state employees? With Governor Scott in office? Shit aint never happenin folks.
    I agree. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 percent this year. Watch the news - don't be ignorant. Scott is proposing tax cuts. Tax cuts won't fund 7 percent pay raises for every state employee. Stop living in a fantasy world. Get real.

Unregistered
    Why not take the chance and make the calls.

Unregistered
    I printed a copy of my local elected officials and gave one to each coworker. We are all calling and writing them. Heck, we got nothing to lose.

Unregistered
    That's all show... She knows a raise has no chance this session... 7% is pie in the sky.

Unregistered
    Well, if we get a raise, you can give me yours. You must live a sad life.

Unregistered
    How exactly did the Teamsters have anything to do with this bill? Its a proposed bill to raise ALL state employee's pay, not just ours. You people who actually pay the Teamsters are idiots. They take credit for something they had nothing to do with. There are multiple legislators on record who have said state employees deserve raises, so this isn't news. I'm glad there is something out there talking about raises, but the Teamsters had nothing to do with it. The mere fact they are willing to act like they did something on our behalf only reinforces their weakness as our union.

Unregistered
    http://teamster.org/content/florida-...join-teamsters

This is the link to YOUR DOC Teamsters Website. You show me where there is anything about contacting the Legislature. Hell, they do not kept the Website up let alone care about us.

Unregistered
    Personally I am very happy with the DOC pay as it is. The lot rent in my trailer park has not increased in the last 3 years and my 1987 F-150 4x4 still runs pretty good so no need for extra money. My son got his GED and got a job with the DOC last year while my daughter got married after the baby came and now works at the local hair salon. With them kids out of the trailer we saved enough for a new shotgun for me and a boob job for my wife. Life is good at DOC.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast