The chief has lost the PD. And he knows it.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

The chief has lost the PD. And he knows it.

To All Members of the Department,

I know this is a difficult time. Members of our Department have many heartfelt thoughts that they may wish to express to all of us in the MBPD family about what has been disclosed in the past week. I understand and appreciate this. However, there are clear rules in Department directives that state that no member of the Department is permitted to send an email to the entire Department without permission of the chief. There are some specific exceptions, but none of them apply in this case. Hence, the two emails below are inappropriate and should not have been sent.

Simply stated, you are all directed to refrain from sending emails of this nature without my permission. This is consistent with existing policy. As compelling as our current situation may be, the events and disclosures of the past week are NOT appropriate for email commentary to the entire Department. Such emails are not permitted.

Good discourse on this topic within our MBPD family should be done face to face. Toward this end, we are planning for a training/discussion day in July in which all members of the Department will participate.

Consistent with our existing policy (and I will email everyone the current directive that applies on Thursday morning), you are all directed NOT to send emails of this sort. I suggest as an alternative that this is a really good time to just talk to your colleagues in the Department -- to reaffirm friendships and relationships and to try to make sense of the recent disclosures.

I remain available and accessible if anyone in the Department would like to discuss these issues privately, as do all the members of the Command Staff.

Thank you.

Chief Oates

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 5:38 PM
    To: Medina, Fulgencio
    Cc: Police Department
    Subject: Re: Recent events

Very well said Brother!! I appreciate you taking the time to remind us what is important, and I'll be standing right next to you!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2015, at 17:24, "Medina, Fulgencio" <FulgencioMedina@miamibeachfl.gov> wrote:

Brothers and sister, the past few days have been filled with events that we have all probably heard of by now. I urge us all to let that investigation take its course. My concern is that this may cause some sort of judgement towards co-workers based on some sort of rumor. I ask that we do not make that mistake as that would not be fair to anyone. I ask that we maintain focus this up-coming weekend and not let these events cloud our judgement. The citizens that live here and the visiting guests deserve the level of service that we have always given. I also ask that we do not forget what this weekend stands for and to be grateful to our military for the freedoms that we enjoy. If you see a co-worker that you know served in the armed forces please remind them that we are all thankful for the freedoms we enjoy. Lets not forget the veterans that paid the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you.

Unregistered
    Only thing lost are you racists. Now you take to these blogs because you are in a panic not knowing what your future holds. Let the investigation take its course.

Unregistered
    This chief really doesn't get it. Jimmy can you tell him to stop adding airline fuel to the fire?

Unregistered

is this real??

Chief you are without a doubt an absolute zero as a cop. You have just chosen to play attorney over bringing others together. You moron every year an officer who served our nation in the military puts out a city wide email reminding us what this holiday is about. And it is NOT about you oates

Unregistered
    Shut it down - god help any of you that think otherwise. He wants you to shut it down and stop, so do exact what his request is stop ............ That is an order from a man who has never served in this nation. Do what he just ordered you to do. Yes sir ... We will comply

Unregistered
    Does he think about what he emails before he presses send? That was a horrible email chief. You have loss all respect. Ask your Command Staff. BTW. No one is falling for your "test"

Unregistered
    Said like a real attorney with no military experience and became a cop because a news paper job was not feeding your family. My daughters cat might be a better police officer. The pure attorney damage control in you is amazing. He was sending out a plea for team work and respect for each other and simply saying that this weekend is serious and we need to rise above petty bullshit . Every cop in this agency will seek this man out to thank him for his military service now. The feeling they have is that you just minimized all that served our nation. You are amazing , I have never seen a bull in a china shop like this in my whole life. You will not last five years here dan. Everything you touch turns to a hot turd that stinks up the whole area. Thank you for your service fuji medina. I will shake your hand when i see you sir.

Unregistered
    #oyejefeyousuck

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Said like a real attorney with no military experience and became a cop because a news paper job was not feeding your family. My daughters cat might be a better police officer. The pure attorney damage control in you is amazing. He was sending out a plea for team work and respect for each other and simply saying that this weekend is serious and we need to rise above petty bullshit . Every cop in this agency will seek this man out to thank him for his military service now. The feeling they have is that you just minimized all that served our nation. You are amazing , I have never seen a bull in a china shop like this in my whole life. You will not last five years here dan. Everything you touch turns to a hot turd that stinks up the whole area. Thank you for your service fuji medina. I will shake your hand when i see you sir.
    Now, now, girls - save the drama and pseudo righteous indignation for something important. If you were professionals you wouldn't have to be treated like 14 yr. olds by the administration.

Unregistered
    I just think we must all be in a bad movie script. Shit just keeps getting more and more fkud up when you hire an attorney to do police work you hire a butcher to do brain surgery . Bobby jenkn to front stage bobby j everyone is looking for what you have to say.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast