More Quality Deputies leaving - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gee Corky, another what 3 or 4 have disembarked to LPD. You're becoming quite the training coordinator for other agencies. And now the leaving members have finally figured out that they don't have to give you a 2 week notice. It's better for them to just leave than give you and your clown squad 2 weeks to black ball them.

Don't worry folks I'm sure the NINE MILLION Corky gave back to the county last year is probably earmarked for some pet project of his. You don't need raises, or new cars, body or in car cameras or anything else that he views as a luxury.

And stop calling Chief Giddens to inquire why he's hiring so many deputies. It only makes you look like a cry baby.

Seriously? LPD has to take what they can get, and it isn't quality deputies. Who in their right mind would want to admit they went to work for LPD after the headlines they made over Debbie does Dallas drama? Anyone having that listed on a resume is going to be looked at with a fine tooth comb after that debacle. Like the kiss of death even saying you work for LPD. Oh sure, you can say, " but I came on after all that mess". Dream on, it still isn't going to help. I doubt Grady cares whether they left or not, much less calls anyone at LPD "crying". Deputies are a dime a dozen, remember?

Unregistered

Are you serious

Hey clown; are you seriously using the Lpd sex scandal as your rebuttal? Imagine if corky looked throughout his own staff,
    Current and former. I mean should WJ's name even be mentioned? How about current executive staff? Seriously! And you're
    correct about LPD, who would want to work for an agency with a union that prevents dictators from steam rolling officers at will.
    I'm not saying a union is perfect but it's there to prevent tyrant staff members from trampling your officer bill of rights and at
    the bare minimum ensure your investigation in compliant with its own policies. No agency is perfect but have you ever wondered
    why so many staff members have retired from the agency only to work for local PD's. Most of these former staff members had
    25-35+ years and didn't need to work but loved the profession so much that they had to get away from Corky to continue
    doing what they loved. Some left because their conscience would not allow them to continue ruining the lives of so many, all at
    the direction of a tyrant. But you're right, Hester, Sloan, Ray, Holland and so many others weren't "quality deputies". Why
    don't you ask the right person how many times Halman has been caught in blatant lies directly to the sheriff yet nothing is
    done for fear of the race card being played. Can we all just be thankful that moron is out of here in a few months. I'll
    agree with you when you say that not all deputies are quality. Some move, some leave for personal reasons and others get
    out before they're canned. But why are so many leaving a state retirement to go start an entirely different retirement?
    Most are already vested in the state retirement.

Unregistered
    Hey clown; are you seriously using the Lpd sex scandal as your rebuttal? Imagine if corky looked throughout his own staff,
    Current and former. I mean should WJ's name even be mentioned? How about current executive staff? Seriously! And you're
    correct about LPD, who would want to work for an agency with a union that prevents dictators from steam rolling officers at will.
    I'm not saying a union is perfect but it's there to prevent tyrant staff members from trampling your officer bill of rights and at
    the bare minimum ensure your investigation in compliant with its own policies. No agency is perfect but have you ever wondered
    why so many staff members have retired from the agency only to work for local PD's. Most of these former staff members had
    25-35+ years and didn't need to work but loved the profession so much that they had to get away from Corky to continue
    doing what they loved. Some left because their conscience would not allow them to continue ruining the lives of so many, all at
    the direction of a tyrant. But you're right, Hester, Sloan, Ray, Holland and so many others weren't "quality deputies". Why
    don't you ask the right person how many times Halman has been caught in blatant lies directly to the sheriff yet nothing is
    done for fear of the race card being played. Can we all just be thankful that moron is out of here in a few months. I'll
    agree with you when you say that not all deputies are quality. Some move, some leave for personal reasons and others get
    out before they're canned. But why are so many leaving a state retirement to go start an entirely different retirement?
    Most are already vested in the state retirement.
    Well you already answered your own question. 25-35 yrs, means they had their retirement in the basket. They chose to go with that or go a little further for that drop money. They wanted to lock it in before anything could happen to screw that up, for instance that idiot we call a governor who keeps wanting to mess with the FRS. The retirees can't go back into a state retirement for a year , so the only option is city retirement at local police depts. unless they want to wait out the year. And you can't dispute the large number of retirees who come back to the sheriff's office for a second round after retiring.

Unions: mostly good for the screw ups who can't keep a job without a union to step in a make deal that they will resign if nothing bad is put in their file. Ever seen how many deputies who worked in unions have to lie to get hired somewhere else? Unions are just street sweepers for the ones who can't or won't follow the rules. And if you can't work without a union that means your aren't disciplined enough to even wear a uniform.

Yes, we do have some who have most likely fiddled around, but no where near the magnitude of the on the job sex scandal that was going on at LPD. Because of that scandal LPD is a black eye to law enforcement and a joke throughout the nation and will be for many years to come. I do feel sorry for the few honest hard working officers who were caught up in that drama. So to those who think they have stepped up in their careers for that extra buck in their paycheck, good luck to you.

So you can bad mouth all you want about the sheriff and the agency, but there's always another side to the story, and that's my 2 cents worth. And you come across as someone who needed a union to keep your job at PCSO. Therapy could probably help you get past some of that anger. Hopefully you learned from your mistakes.

Unregistered

Talking

Loving my new job. When the "gentleman's" agreement time is up you will see more and more form PCSO headed out. Can't say how many have called and is interested, but I know for a fact there are several ready to leave. These people are in the coveted specialty units and are quality. Can't wait to see you in blue!

Unregistered
    Loving my new job. When the "gentleman's" agreement time is up you will see more and more form PCSO headed out. Can't say how many have called and is interested, but I know for a fact there are several ready to leave. These people are in the coveted specialty units and are quality. Can't wait to see you in blue!
    Why are they waiting, nothing is tying them down. I want that specialty slot now!!! The specialty unit you speak of is narcotics 'cause they know it is the end of disappearing all day when a certain "gentleman" leaves. That terminology is too funny.

Unregistered
    I have heard some of the staff has been driving by Lakeland daily to see if any SO cars are parked there taking care of hiring paperwork on their lunch break.

Unregistered
    I have heard some of the staff has been driving by Lakeland daily to see if any SO cars are parked there taking care of hiring paperwork on their lunch break.
    You are pathetic. Like if anyone wanted to apply couldn't do it on a day off. LMAO! Paperwork is typically handled online anyway. Fax can take care of the rest. Just in case someone is wanting to move over and give up a specialty slot. Sounds like you are someone unfamiliar with how processing works just trying to stir the pot. Get over it. You got turned down and had to go work for a agency with a tarnished past. Poor thing.

Unregistered

Does LPD pay OT?

Its worth it to move if LPD gets paid OT. I dont know how PCSO gets away with ordering deputies to work OT for nothing. They use this "flex" to their benefit . What if I dont want to flex? What if I want to be paid for my OT? I should have a choice. Not only are we getting screwed to work for free, it also effects the highest 5 years of the FRS system because the OT you work is never counted. I sure hope they have all the labor laws looked over because I think theres some laws being broken. Since when is it ok to be forced to work for no pay.

Unregistered
    Its worth it to move if LPD gets paid OT. I dont know how PCSO gets away with ordering deputies to work OT for nothing. They use this "flex" to their benefit . What if I dont want to flex? What if I want to be paid for my OT? I should have a choice. Not only are we getting screwed to work for free, it also effects the highest 5 years of the FRS system because the OT you work is never counted. I sure hope they have all the labor laws looked over because I think theres some laws being broken. Since when is it ok to be forced to work for no pay.
    There hasn't been overtime here for quite some time. And yes there was someone before you that cried to the labor board and it is legal. So go ahead and put your application in at LPD and move on.

Unregistered

Cool

Does LPD pay overtime? Oh heck yeah. And not once a month. Every paycheck that you work it. Oh did I mention if you work a holiday, say....Easter, or Christmas, or....any holiday they get paid DOUBLE time and a half. Yes you heard it here, double time and a HALF. Do the math people. This is just one reason why WE left PCSO.

Oh by the way don't forget to vote tomorrow.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast