TPD Has a New Chief
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Slimehorn
    "In recent days the buzz has been about Assistant Chief Eric Ward"
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...t-2-pm/2227692

Not a coincidence that in recent days the buzz has been about alleged racism ("bicycling while black.") Not a coincidence that Mayor Rick Kriseman's media partner the Tampa Bay Slimes created the racist buzz on behalf of Mayor Buckhorn. Not a coincidence that Kriseman used the same tactics to justify his pick for chief.

In the end, it's an unfair burden to place on the new chief. It opens the door for discussions about "affirmative action hiring" which is setback of nearly 50 years to the 1960s. It's sad, sick, disgusting and downright scary that the Slimes manipulates public opinion to control both TPD and SPPD.

Unregistered
    Congrats Eric! I hope you take us back to the good old days (before dancing cop videos). As for Jane -I like many have nothing to say to you except glad you are gone! Best of luck Eric. Please make improving morale job one.

Unregistered
    Actually I think you'll find yourself in the minority....but I'm sure you're use to no one listening to you so it doesn't really matter.

Job well done Jane! Congrats Eric!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    I just heard and wanted to congratulate Chief Eric Ward! I hope you get all the support you need in order to do your job effectively, you deserve it!

Unregistered

Trespass warning

With Eric Ward taking over as chief will he be able to trespass John Bennett from the building.

Unregistered
    I'm happy to see Eric get the nod. He's a great guy and leader. I hope things go well for him. It was nice of Jane to swat the hornets nest on the way out and launch a Federal probe....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually I think you'll find yourself in the minority....but I'm sure you're use to no one listening to you so it doesn't really matter.

Job well done Jane! Congrats Eric!
    Job well done?? That is a matter of opinion. But here are a few of my opinions
    *Morale is very very low.
    *Cops doing the job don't think staff has their backs.
    *Many past promotions were based on factors other than who is the most qualified.
    *Crime tracking computer system is a huge waste of time and money.
    *Many of these social media spoofs make us look unprofessional and more like idiots.
    *Many front line cars are in very poor condition.
    *Discipline is not fair. Depending on who you are or who you know can depend on how you are treated.
    *Cops spend a lot of time rebooting computers because they are so outdated.
    *Stats have been the order of the past five years not the quality police work.
    *The roll out of body cameras, the stress retreat, red light cameras enforced against us and a host of other "changes" have had a do as you are told and don't question top down attitude. Suggestion: Explain changes and the reasons behind the change and the rank and file may be more accepting, To say "if you don't like it-quit" is a piss poor way to manage a 1000 person agency.
    *Anyone who speaks of the above listed items had been branded "disgruntled" by our dear past leaders. I think that's AKA the truth hurts or kill the messanger and thin skinned.

In closing we clearly have differing opinions. And don't reply with we are well paid and have a good pension I agree with that. But that alone does not bring good morale.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Job well done?? That is a matter of opinion. But here are a few of my opinions
    *Morale is very very low.
    *Cops doing the job don't think staff has their backs.
    *Many past promotions were based on factors other than who is the most qualified.
    *Crime tracking computer system is a huge waste of time and money.
    *Many of these social media spoofs make us look unprofessional and more like idiots.
    *Many front line cars are in very poor condition.
    *Discipline is not fair. Depending on who you are or who you know can depend on how you are treated.
    *Cops spend a lot of time rebooting computers because they are so outdated.
    *Stats have been the order of the past five years not the quality police work.
    *The roll out of body cameras, the stress retreat, red light cameras enforced against us and a host of other "changes" have had a do as you are told and don't question top down attitude. Suggestion: Explain changes and the reasons behind the change and the rank and file may be more accepting, To say "if you don't like it-quit" is a piss poor way to manage a 1000 person agency.
    *Anyone who speaks of the above listed items had been branded "disgruntled" by our dear past leaders. I think that's AKA the truth hurts or kill the messanger and thin skinned.

In closing we clearly have differing opinions. And don't reply with we are well paid and have a good pension I agree with that. But that alone does not bring good morale.

Car 911 sits in the garage waiting for parade day. Brand new car in 2013 and still barely has 3000 miles. That's a waste of a marked unit when you got people driving crap everyday. Crime mapping is a good investment, Safe Cop is crap. Moral will be the biggest challenge for the new administration. It's not just grumpy MPOs, it's bad through many different ranks and tenure. Having only two tracks for your career is not helping either. Do you want to be a ROC officer or patrol officer? Can we say burn out by 6 years. Bring back some specialties. We are a jack of all trades and a master of nothing. A lot of people are looking forward to the new chief. I wish him success and am ready to give him a chance.

Unregistered
    I was pointed in the direction of this dept to look into. apparently y'all do not like working here? pro/con?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast