Hiring Concerns

Thread: Hiring Concerns

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Hiring Concerns

I am just wandering what is the realistic chance of a guy in his thirties with a master's degree getting picked up by this agency? The only debt I have is my student loan and my car and house are paid off. I am single with have no kids and have never been married. I recently graduated the academy and applied to 2 agencies and made it far in the process, but in the end they chose other people. I found out, after the fact, that their decisions were based on my level of education and their concern I would leave and go somewhere else. I would appreciate some advice, thanks guys.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 05-01-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Unregistered
    Sounds like their loss. Go and apply as mid to late thirties is not old at all. We have had that age bracket plus older get hired. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Well we have a guy in the FTO program for over a year who does not any know how to write. So you sound like a lot better candidate than him. You didn't mention your race or sex. TPD sets the bar for employment and promotion differently based on those factors.

Unregistered

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well we have a guy in the FTO program for over a year who does not any know how to write. So you sound like a lot better candidate than him. You didn't mention your race or sex. TPD sets the bar for employment and promotion differently based on those factors.
    After reading your comment, I have to ask the following question:

Are you the guy in the FTO program that doesn't know how to write?

Unregistered
    Don't be that guy. WTF was that you wrote ???

Unregistered
    I have two master's and was older than you when I came here. Your education really isn't anything special anymore or out of the norm.

Just apply and see how it goes. But keep in mind the competition to get on here is fierce.

Unregistered
    Good luck!!

Unregistered
    Maybe those agencies realize the best candidates are typically not those who choose law enforcement as a second career. Do not take offense, but that is reality.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Maybe those agencies realize the best candidates are typically not those who choose law enforcement as a second career. Do not take offense, but that is reality.
    I'm not sure what you meant by a 2nd career? I made a lot of sacrifices to get where I'm at and being a cop has been my first career choice...no offense taken, just curious where that comment came from.