Be judicial with what you post - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not Anonymous

vBulletin is not state of the art security, just a nice bulletin board

If you think you are anonymous you are really just naïve.

u durty kurty
    All who post are anonymous to everyone but Chip DeBlock. We've trusted his promise of confidentiality for many years.

Fun til it's not
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    isn't Kurt a computer programmer?
    He's a jack of all trades and master of none. He has posted using his real name and posted anonymously, but the messages are similar in style and tone. LEOaff has his various IP addresses and his online history. My guess is Chip DeBlock and the executives at Bright Mountain Acquisition Corp. know how to deal with a malicious crackpot who defames the corporation. Tortious interference of a business = making false insinuations of hacking exploits/exposing IP addresses/trying to damage a company that relies on Internet traffic.

twinsies

FYI Chip

Motives?

Quote Originally Posted by PERMANENT RESIDENCY View Post
    The two people who recently went whining to the press about LeoAff are 1) Kurt Donley and 2) the St. Pete Dist 7 city council candidate Lisa Wheeler-Brown.
    http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/baybuz...eanors/2220759
    http://theweeklychallenger.com/a-sto...utionary-tale/
    On the heels of the Tampa Bay Times article above, "Lisa Wheeler-Brown Speaks Out About Her Misdemeanors," this entry appeared on LEOaffairs with the heading, Epic Fail You Racist *****es

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    For some that dont know. This website has been sold to a publicly traded company and is no longer owned or managed by former LEOs. New privacy policies have not been posted and the security and/or privacy of your/our posts remain unknown.
    Well, I can think of no one better to address this post since I'm a co-founder of this site. The above post is not entirely accurate, as the site continues to be managed by former LEOs (myself and Mod 1). New privacy policies have not been posted because they are the SAME, just like the security and/or privacy of your posts.

I realize that everyone may not know the details, but it is old news that's not a secret and many people are aware of it. Let me ask you this, in the nearly 16 months since this site was acquired by Bright Mountain, have there been any red flags?

I've written a detailed post in reference to this that you can find at the following link:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/vb_forums/...ement.php?f=43

Quote Originally Posted by World traveler View Post
    Read the TOS. They can sell, trade or give away the content. My IP address should make a good trading card, it's in the Gulf of Guinea.
    I removed the above post because it is false and designed to deter you from using this site. I encourage anyone willing to access our Terms of Use at http://www.leoaffairs.com/vb_forums/terms-of-use/ and simply do a search for the words "sell", "trade" and "give away" to verify this. It's sad when people have to resort to lying in order to accomplish something!

You should always be judicious with your posts:

vBulletin software (this site) always collects your IP address and your mac address which connects your posts to your home or your phone, it is and has been plagued by security flaws that many kids and average IT personnel can access (isn't Kurt a computer programmer?).
    Well, we've come a long way technology wise but unfortunately people can make vague claims like the one above and those who are not computer savvy can become concerned. Please allow me to put your minds at ease. For starters, message board software always grabs IP addresses and anyone who tells you there is no log of it either doesn't know what they're talking about or is lying. It's also impossible to ban a user without it. I've been running this site successfully for the past 12 1/2 years and, before that, I ran two (2) other online services. Guess what, we've never had a breach! I realize we're talking about computers and software and that there are no absolutes, but we have a great track record! The Message Boards on LEOAFFAIRS.COM have consistently been upgraded over the years from Boards 2 Go software, phpBB software and finally to vBulletin Board software. What's the importance of that? Technology is evolving and so are we. Boards 2 Go was on someone else's servers and could only hold 300 messages, phpBB was open source and not social media friendly and vBulletin is a commercial software platform that is constantly updated (considered by many to be the best). If you want to avoid vulnerability use state-of-the-art servers, software, hardware and firewalls. In addition you have to keep everything updated including the security patches that fix vulnerabilities as they are found. We're doing it right and I've been reading about these claims for years now. The proof is in the pudding!
    Last edited by chipdeblock; 04-30-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by u durty kurty View Post
    All who post are anonymous to everyone but Chip DeBlock. We've trusted his promise of confidentiality for many years.
    Don't give me too much credit. I can only see numbers (IP addresses) and have no idea who anyone is unless you tell me. As far as you trusting my promise of confidentiality, I appreciate your trust and will not let you down!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12