New Hires - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hires

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yea I'm in the same vote. 4 year degree, no tickets and from Connecticut

If you are not certified put in at The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. They will put you thru the academy and you won't have to deal with the huge issues at SPPD. A lot of our officers are trying to un ass this place and got to other departments, specifically to Tampa Police. Since you are not certified they will not hire you but HCSO will.

au revoir

Exclamation Automatic Disqualification @ all police agencies

4 year degree
    No tickets, no record
    Going for police cadet
    Im an out of towner
    Yea I'm the same...4 year degree, no tickets and from Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I am just wandering what is the realistic chance of a guy in his mid-late thirties who is in very good shape with a master's degree getting picked up by this agency? The only debt I have is my student loan, as I have no credit cards and my car and house are paid off. I am single and have no kids and have never been married. Some of you will likely question why I would apply to SPPD, but I see it as an opportunity to grown with a changing agency. Since graduating the academy in August, I was turned down, with the "good" rejection letter by 2 smaller agencies. I found out, after the fact, that their decisions were based on my level of education and their concern I would leave and go somewhere else, while some felt my age was an issue. I guess I didn’t expect a guy in good shape, in his thirties with a master’s degree to be having an issue getting hired. I'm just frustrated and would appreciate some advice, thanks guys.
    All 3 of you posted on Leo Affairs.

Capt. Fitzwell
    Yea I'm in the same vote [editors note: I think he meant "boat"] 4 year degree, no tickets and from Connecticut
    We were expecting you.

http://tbo.com/pinellas-county/4-st-...blic-20140619/
    Thaddeus Reddish, the assistant police chief of the New Haven, Conn., police department, told mayor Kriseman he could furnish 20 of his officers to SPPD

Unregistered
    Automatic disqualification for educating myself and inquiring about a part of the hiring process? Yes I'm sure all departments frown upon a potential hire showing eagerness and excitement for a position in their agency.

PhD in Anonymity

Look ma, recruiters reeled in another one

I'm sure all LEO agencies value your online education via chat board. SPPD is particularly fond of applicants who make eager inquiries outside the chain of command. Admin is even more excited about its history with LEO Affairs, of which you're now a part. Be sure to include your LA posting skills on your resume. And by all means, use your real name when you post so Admin can give credit where it's due.

Bonus! You'll be famous far and wide as the only SPPD officer who even admits to reading LEO Affairs. That includes recruiters who get onboard to ask for personal identifying information from fervent wannabes, but you'll never know what hit you when they show the love.

Unregistered
    Is there an eligibility list if that person doesn't get picked this time around? I know that there's 26 people they are looking at for 15 spots

Unregistered
    Confirmed 15 spots? Or did you just hear that from on here

Unregistered
    Confirmed 15 spots? Or did you just hear that from on here
    Background investigator stated that. But who knows. I'm sure it can change though.

Unregistered
    Background investigator stated that. But who knows. I'm sure it can change though.
    Yeah true those aren't terrible odds though. Especially if you have a clean record and education on the record.

Unregistered
    Yeah true those aren't terrible odds though. Especially if you have a clean record and education on the record.
    I know they take certified before entry level obviously but hopefully there isn't a lot on the list

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast