New Guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guns

Unregistered
    Never was much of a Glock fan until we got these. Great guns sad to see we are going to something else. But it will be free

Unregistered
    The FNS 9mm is what I am hearing as the new gun. FN handguns are excellent weapons.

Unregistered
    The FN has an excellent reputation. I suppose we could do worse. The FNS appears to cost less than the Glock and way less than the SIG or HK. If they purchase the standard FNS-9 (NOT THE LONG SLIDE) for uniform and the FNS-9 compact for plainclothes, you really can't argue against the choice. But, you gotta wonder about the real, behind-the-scenes reason for the change....

SEE BELOW SPECS FOR FNS9 & FNS9 COMPACT:

FNS™-9
    •Caliber: 9mm
    •Operation: Double-action
    •Sights: Fixed 3-dot or Fixed 3-dot night
    •Magazine: 10 or 17 rds.
    •Weight: 25.2 oz. (empty)
    •Barrel Length: 4.0″
    •Overall Length: 7.25″
    •Available in Standard and Manual Safety
    •Made in the USA
    GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
    •Striker-fired autoloader
    •Double-action operation with manual safety
    •5.5 to 7.7 lbs. trigger pull

SLIDE
    •Stainless steel construction
    •External extractor with loaded chamber indicator
    •Front and rear ****ing serrations
    •Available in matte black or matte silver

BARREL
    •Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
    •Polished chamber and feed ramp

FRAME
    •Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
    •Two interchangeable backstraps with lanyard eyelets
    •MIL-STD 1913 accessory mounting rail
    •Serrated trigger guard

OPERATING CONTROLS
    •Fully-ambidextrous slide stop lever
    •Fully-ambidextrous magazine release
    •Available with or without an ambidextrous manual safety lever

MAGAZINE
    •Polished body
    •Low-friction follower
    •Polymer base pad

SIGHTS
    •Fixed 3-dot or fixed 3-dot night

******************AND***************************** ***
    FNS™-9 Compact

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
    •Striker-fired autoloader
    •Double-action operation
    •Available in Standard and Manual Safety
    •5.5 to 7.7 lbs. trigger pull

SLIDE
    •Stainless steel construction
    •External extractor with loaded chamber indicator
    •Front and rear ****ing serrations
    •Available in matte black or matte silver

BARREL
    •Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
    •Polished chamber and feed ramp

FRAME
    •Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
    •Two interchangeable backstraps with lanyard eyelets
    •MIL-STD 1913 accessory mounting rail
    •Serrated trigger guard

OPERATING CONTROLS
    •Fully-ambidextrous slide stop lever
    •Fully-ambidextrous magazine release
    •Available with or without an ambidextrous manual safety lever

MAGAZINE
    •Polished body
    •Low-friction follower
    •Polymer base pad

SIGHTS
    •Fixed 3-dot or fixed 3-dot night

Unregistered
    An issue I see with the FNS-9 is that it is the equivalent of a Glock 23 compact sized firearm in terms of dimensions. There are a number of people who need a full sized handgun for shooting. I'm skeptical that a complete change in hardware and all the associated accessories can be made up by possibly, but not guaranteed cheaper and/or more available ammunition.

Unregistered

new handguns

****"I'm skeptical that a complete change in hardware and all the associated accessories can be made up by possibly, but not guaranteed cheaper and/or more available ammunition."*****

That's why I wonder about the "behind-the-scenes" reason for the suggestion to change. Who really benefits from the purchase of firearms for the entire agency?

Unregistered
    The present Glocks are only about 4 years old. I can't see any benefit of changing guns this early. I know 9mm might be a little cheaper then .40 cal but is that worth changing handguns for. The Glock .40 is used by many agencies and not all are going back to 9mm. I think they should give out the 9mm to new recruits and get a little more use out of the Glocks.

There is probably some dealer who is willing to give them a good trade in allowance on the Glocks to sell them the FN's.

Unregistered
    There's nothing wrong with the Glock 22. The only reason the agency is considering the FN is because a retired HCSO Major is now their salesman. This major stands to make a significant paycheck over this deal. It's stupid as hell, Safariland doesn't even make a holster for the gun. In fact no one does. So if you bought a $150.00 dollar holster for the Glock 22 that's better then what's issued you get screwed. If you bought a Glock 27 as a backup/off duty weapon your screwed as well. FN doesn't make a compact version of the 9mm they are looking at so I wonder how the "brain trust" is going to figure that out.

Unregistered
    I quess I was wrong about the compact version. They just released a compact version for 2015.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the Glock 22. The only reason the agency is considering the FN is because a retired HCSO Major is now their salesman. This major stands to make a significant paycheck over this deal. It's stupid as hell, Safariland doesn't even make a holster for the gun. In fact no one does. So if you bought a $150.00 dollar holster for the Glock 22 that's better then what's issued you get screwed. If you bought a Glock 27 as a backup/off duty weapon your screwed as well. FN doesn't make a compact version of the 9mm they are looking at so I wonder how the "brain trust" is going to figure that out.
    Awesome! Now the agency can buy a ton of FN compacts and then lock them up in the armory never to be issued just like the 27s. I was really needing to drop $400 on a new gun so I can do my job because they won't issue the damn subcompacts to anyone that's not an SID detective. Oh, and buy the holster and everything else for it too.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You are very angry. Maybe you should quit

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast