2014 police gun deaths up by 56%

Unregistered

2014 police gun deaths up by 56%

126 LEOs died in the line of duty in 2014
    (24% increase from 2013)
    50 officers killed by guns in 2014
    32 in 2013 were killed by guns and 102 were killed in the line of duty.
    15 were shot and killed in ambush in 2014.

What was NOT reported; the race of the cop killers. Go figure.

Chaz Stevens, Genius

Horrific

No one deserves to be shot to death. Not one cop, not one innocent civilian.

The trouble here, you see, is that you'll just report the cops being shot. Again, before you get all bunched up, no one in their right mind would think, including myself, for a pico-second, cops deserve to be injured in the line of duty.

From the NYT:

But one recent effort stood out for its apparent comprehensiveness: The Killed By Police Facebook page, which aggregates links to news articles on police-related killings and keeps a running tally on the number of victims. The creator of the page does not seek to determine whether police killings are justifiable; each post “merely documents the occurrence of a death.” He told FiveThirtyEight that he was an instructor on nonviolent physical-intervention techniques and that he prefers to remain anonymous.

Killed by Police had listed more than 1,450 deaths caused by law-enforcement officers since its launch, on May 1, 2013, through Sunday. That works out to about three per day, or 1,100 a year.

* 124 incidents (85 percent) were clear-cut police shootings in which the victims were fatally shot by officers acting in the line of duty. “Line of duty” doesn’t necessarily mean “justifiable,” but it’s an important distinction because it excludes some incidents, such as one in which an off-duty officer shot and killed a friend during a bar fight and was subsequently charged with criminal homicide. This count does include a few cases of off-duty officers using deadly force while acting in a law-enforcement capacity.

* 12 incidents (8 percent) were other cases of arrest-related deaths in which the victims died after being Tasered or otherwise restrained by law enforcement officers. These incidents are more complicated than shootings; the exact cause of death is harder to pin down. In some cases, a victim’s preexisting health issues are blamed.

* 10 incidents (7 percent) were killings by police officers acting outside the line of duty or accidental deaths. Examples include an officer who killed two women in a drunken-driving accident, a murder-suicide in which an officer killed his ex-wife, and a woman killed in a collision with a police SUV that was pursuing a suspect. These are all newsworthy deaths, but they aren’t examples of the use of deadly force by police officers in the line of duty. We wouldn’t necessarily expect a comprehensive governmental database of police killings to include them.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/a...ice-homicides/

Chaz Stevens, Genius

Then there's this:

http://youtu.be/zFJnr1_bjSM

“What are you dancin’ in the street for? What the f**k is wrong with you?” barks the NYPD cop as he assaults a man for dancing.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/yor...sfo9CzjSqgG.99

You might be wondering why I'm keeping at ... quite simply, it's only a matter of time before CCPD does something equally as stupid and I'll be there to say, "See, I told you so."

Unregistered
    And how long do we wait for you not to be able to cash in your "I told you so" before you will issue a public apology to the CCPD for all the harm you are personally responsible for doing? Your propaganda tarnishes your reputation waaaaay more than the PD's, but an apology will be in order to all the morons who followed your crazy arse.
    So go ahead, give us a time frame for your misguided predictions. When they fall through, what propaganda will you fall back on then? Let me guess? You single handedly were responsible for preventing tragedies in the creek.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    126 LEOs died in the line of duty in 2014
    (24% increase from 2013)
    50 officers killed by guns in 2014
    32 in 2013 were killed by guns and 102 were killed in the line of duty.
    15 were shot and killed in ambush in 2014.

What was NOT reported; the race of the cop killers. Go figure.
    Enough said.

Chaz Stevens, Genius

What events

I dunno, I'm no prognosticator... but as long as there's an unchecked canine or old men in Publix, there's sure to be a fiasco.