your favorite margate memories ?

Unregistered

your favorite margate memories ?

What are your favorite memories.

Unregistered
    Are you kidding……..NONE!!

Unregistered

An old guy

I was perusing this site and caught this thread. I know this original message was probably posted by a contemporary MPD officer who was looking for some other answers but I thought I would provide an answer for any old timers who might read this.

Here are some of my favorite Margate memories: the Lums restaurant that was at Margate Blvd/SR7, the Little 7 Bar at SR 7/Coconut Creek Pky (you took your life in your hands when you entered), the Margate Diner 1100 blk NSR 7 (the best breakfast ever), Sambos Restaurant 1300 blk N SR 7 (not PC today with that name), the States Motorcycle Club, the Outlaws Motorcycle Club (and Tom O'Connor), Chief Charles M. Clark (when he was sober), the Apex of the Bermuda Triangle (at SR 7 and CCK Pky), the Clock Restaurant, all the MPD dispatchers who liked to ..., all the residents of Dogpatch and Winfield Blvd, Dennys Restaurant, the Mr. Donut (not Dunkin Donuts) at Margate Blvd/SR7, the Your Place Lounge Margate and SR 7, and the two best of all - the Lakeshore Drive In and Spanish Lounge 1000 N SR 7 and the Just One Bar 5600 W. Atlantic Blvd (where Wal Mart is now and home of the best bar fights ever) and who could forget that popular watering hole Bradys (the original location - how many marriages started and ended there along with how many one-night stands?).

Unregistered
    I'll add the original London pub next to KMart now the Walmart. And the taco viva on Coconut Creek Parkway.

Unregistered
    O wow you refered to a bunch of shit holes lol. The city needs to put in a downtown district and make some money

Unregistered
    Really downtown Margate?? Do you think that will really help the tax base. Margate caters to the condo commandos who don't pay squat in taxes. Why do you think your pay is at the bottom of Broward.

Creeks downtown is decent and brings in some revenue. Margate will eventually do a watered down version and if will sink down the toilet like most projects it has attempted in the past.

Unregistered

Thanks Old Guy

Hey Old Guy.
    Thanks.
    But you missed some stuff.
    Hers some memories for you.

Margate was home to 4 motorcycle gangs you forgot the Sons of Dixie and the Pagans (bad mother******s if you recall. The States were pussies but the Outlaws and Pagans and even the Sons of Dixie were real. Lucky none of us got hurt or killed dealing with them.

The best breakfast was the Ranch House on 441 just north of RP. If you ate at The Margate Diner you should be dead by now from all the grease they cooked those eggs and bacon in.

And what abbout all those shithole motels on 441? Was it the Seton (Semen) Villas that gave free rooms to cops and was home to the Frankie block? I cant remember the name but it was the u shaped motel on 441 at Coconut Creek.

Tuesday training wwith the 3 training groups The A-Team, the Killer B's, and the C-Men (not PC was it). Tuesday training was always a fun day.

Hey man how could you forget Lets Go PSO? That was some fun shit.

Got any more?