Minority Hiring
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minority Hiring

Unregistered

Minority Hiring

Didn't the Tampa Fire Dept. do the same several years back and it was a bust. People signed up and were hired only to wash out because they really probably didn't want the job, or just weren't really qualified to begin with. People will take something if it's a benefit to them and it's dropped in their lap even if they don't really want it. But hey it's free.

Unregistered
    The Black Churches? C'mon, the BLACK Churches? Really? This is ALL over the local media outlets. When is the last time the Black Churches gave a Damn about the Tampa Police Department.

Unregistered
    And why doesn't the Department go to the local Nation of Islam Mosque and recruit some of those sons of *****es? If they really wanted some minorities.

Unregistered
    And why doesn't the Department go in the Synagogues and recruit some Jewish People. Jewish People are the most intelligent, successful and resilient humans in the history of the world. They were systematically rounded up by a bunch of crazed lunatic christian white idiots who tried to exterminate them. Then they survived, flourished and became more
    successful than any other race or religion.

15 percent Hispanic and 14 percent black officers. Give me a break. How many Jewish officers are there? You anti-semites You.

No, you want to focus on this Major Diane Hobley-Burney, driving around in a police car (As if she does any real police work), and quote her on saying her situation is "Unique". As if she is the Jackie Robinson of the Police Department.

No, you want to go into all these "Black Churches", where the preacher got his theology degree from the Acme School of Theology, and recruit some half witted G.E.D earning cop haters?

I'm done for now. Feels could to rant. Thank you LEO Affairs

Unregistered
    Lets see, every black politician, community activist and even AG E Holder himself have this huge distrust and dislike of the Police. So tell me where the black leadership in any community is speaking publically about encouraging applicants to become police officers? Black politicians only pander, none of them are out front boasting that police work is a honorable profession.

Unregistered
    Excellent Post. Even the "Long Legged Mack Daddy", Obama hates the police. Remember in his first year he said the Cambridge Police acted stupidly, on the arrest of that radical racist professor?

Recruitment got it all wrong. You want to hire more blacks, go up North to Boston or Cleveland and hire seasoned officers. Pay them a bonus and moving expenses.

Tampa Black Churches? C'mon

Unregistered
    It's a numbers game. They know hiring a bunch of blacks that didn't really want the job (or they would of applied on their own) will keep the radicals happy. All they will get is a bunch of slugs or thugs. The ones that wanted to be cops would already have an application in.

The Chief is wasting her time and money going to churches to attempt to talk a bunch of people into law enforcement. What did she think, because it is a church she will get good applicants?????

Unregistered
    Exactly, nothing more nothing less. A psychological operation. A waste of tax payer money. Trying to bridge a gap, that can't be bridge. An area of culture that wants nothing to do with being a Police Officer. Wizardry. Fantasy. Smoke and Mirrors.

Unregistered
    When Tampa police officers were murdered by blacks in these black communities, name one Black Church or Black organization such as the NAACP, etc that did even one fundraiser for the families? A lot of good and dangerous police work is done on behalf of the good citizens that are stuck in these areas. Was getting killed protecting these communities not worthy of at least acknowledging this sacrifice with a public symbolic gesture?

Unregistered
    and this is the same crap that causes the divide.. I can recall when I was in the police academy in Dade County, The Federal Beta and Ceta programs were initiated to hire 'black minorities".. Our class TA, Larry Deutsch, from MDPD told me they were forced to pass these individuals to meet the quotas... even though we had to study our ass off.. and pass the good old fashioned way!

I don't care who or what you are.. everyone gets the same opportunity as me and others.. take advantage of it on your own and stop looking for handouts.

As a business, which TPD is.. don't you want the best of the best .. no matter who you are! Enough of the specializing.. open it up to all who are qualified!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast