No Help in 15st and fletcher area

Unregistered

No Help in 15st and fletcher area

I work security in an apartment complex in the 15th street and fletcher area in tampa. Everytme I call a deputy out whether for a trespass warning or to arrest someone they want to just tell the person to leave or give some excuse why the person wont be arrested. I have the statutes that y he subject violated whether a felony or misd exception. The deputies tell me they have pc to arrest but say they have to tread lightly in this area of tampa so they arent arresting the person. What gives? Are you guys told not to make arrests in this area or issue trespasses when agents of the owners request them?

Unregistered
    I don't work in the district serving that area and I am not going to second guess the judgment of another deputy , but I can tell you this: Under the current HCSO command staff patrol deputies have gone from being pro-active and pro-arrest to just answering calls and doing as little as possible for fear of being criticized and disciplined. HCSO patrol deputies are highly micro-managed and treated like indentured servants. Do not expect them to make an arrest unless the probable cause is overwhelming. My advice: go work at a complex in TPD jurisdiction. They know how to take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I work security in an apartment complex in the 15th street and fletcher area in tampa. Everytme I call a deputy out whether for a trespass warning or to arrest someone they want to just tell the person to leave or give some excuse why the person wont be arrested. I have the statutes that y he subject violated whether a felony or misd exception. The deputies tell me they have pc to arrest but say they have to tread lightly in this area of tampa so they arent arresting the person. What gives? Are you guys told not to make arrests in this area or issue trespasses when agents of the owners request them?

If the deputy refuses to take action you should request a Referral for Prosecution. On a trespass call many deputies will tell you that there is nothing they can do if a known suspect has left the scene. This is not true. A deputy can issue a referral to the SAO if you know who the individual is. There is nothing in the state law that says the deputy must witness the trespass.