Question from a resident

Unregistered

Question from a resident

I have a question for my local Police Officers. Recently, I was walking my dog along Adams Street. I usually pay close attention to Police Headquarters, as I'm grateful to live so close to the Police Station. I saw a truck or other large type vehicle pull into the Police parking area, which had a Confederate License plate attached to the front of the vehicle. I couldn't believe my eyes! As a person of color, I felt as if I was back in the 1960's. Do you condone this sort of overt racism? Shame on the Chief for allowing this Racism to exist in his department.

Unregistered

Shame on you

Dear resident, why would you try to make a race issue over the a license plate. Do you know anything about the employee. Perhaps they are a born and raised Floridian or just someone who likes that plate. We do our job regardless of race, religion or personnel feelings. We are professional bottom line !. Walk a mile in my shoes, do my job for a day dealing with citizens who have nothing better to do than make something a race issue. Focus your time and energy on the positive not just loitering at the MSFM. So when you fly your Kwanzaa flag in front of your residence we still respond to help. It's just a flag or license plate. Did that answer question ?

Unregistered
    Dear Sir or Ma'am, I hope you're not an Officer with this fine department. The Confederate Flag is the symbol of Racism in the South. It's in poor taste to affix it to anything even vaguely related to a Law Enforcement Officer, or employee of same. I don't understand your reference to MSFM, it must be Police Jargon. Racism in this country still has us divided, as evidenced in Missouri. Law Enforcement Personnel always claim to be held to a higher standard, but in my opinion, a Confederate License Plate is a low standard indeed.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a question for my local Police Officers. Recently, I was walking my dog along Adams Street. I usually pay close attention to Police Headquarters, as I'm grateful to live so close to the Police Station. I saw a truck or other large type vehicle pull into the Police parking area, which had a Confederate License plate attached to the front of the vehicle. I couldn't believe my eyes! As a person of color, I felt as if I was back in the 1960's. Do you condone this sort of overt racism? Shame on the Chief for allowing this Racism to exist in his department.
    I call BS on this being written by a normal citizen. If they could see the front tag, then they saw the vehicle head on. Then they saw a side view of it as it turned into the driveway of the parking lot. If they could see that a confederate flag tag was on the front, they would have been able to tell more clearly whether it was a truck or "some other large type vehicle." The post was obviously written by another officer trying to stir up crap.

Unregistered
    Ask me about my plate or anything else if you choose. I have always been approachable and look forward to one day having a meaningful discussion about your issue about me or my truck ( that truck looks damn good by the way ) I took myself out of your drama. Life is way too short to play games or make comments of which you know nothing of. Please be safe and I hope one day you find better discussions that actually make a difference. I respect everyone and their choices they make no matter if we agree or not.

Always here to assist and help all of you. please next time just talk to me face to face about any issue you have so we may either come to some kind of solution or maybe just leave understanding and respecting each others views.

Peace out!!

DJ