Join the FOP!

Thread: Join the FOP!

Unregistered

Join the FOP!

Looking at the last FOP thread, there has been some greats ideas. If we ALL join the FOP then we have more power and more say through the FOP!

Believe it or not there are several Sheriff's Offices in this State that have full unions where the deputies are protected and the in-house problems go down drastically because the deputies have a say! If we unite and voice our concerns to the FOP then we will get OUR agency back.

The whole point of BP and administration not letting us "talk" about FOP and not letting FOP send us emails to our office computers and not letting them be apart of our everyday lives is because they want us unorganized and un-unified.

How can we have a say in OUR agency if we can't voice it as a whole? They want us to turn on each other and have the "every man/woman for himsel/herself" attitude. I hear people back-stabbing each other all the time.

This isn't BP's agency. It doesn't say BPSO it says CCSO and not any one person owns CCSO. WE OWN CCSO, the people who work here and Charlotte County Citizens.

It's time for a change and if YOU want it to change then YOU need to join the FOP and start going to the meetings. Tell your fellow co-workers about it. If we can get 90%+ of the agency as members we will then have the upper hand.

Let's get as many signed up and active before 1/1/15, let's just see how this can impact CCSO. It's our only shot, unless all you want to do is just pray for the next election to be better.

As I see it my prayers haven't been answered in the last 6 years.

TIME FOR CHANGE!!!!

Keep in mind you will see "haters" on this thread, but think hard about who is writing it. Most likely people that don't want us to get unified, AKA Command Staff!

Unregistered
    I can tell you this. I bought into the idea that we want one of our own as sheriff during elections. When BP wasn't supported by the FOP, I was "strongly encouraged" to drop my FOP membership, which I did. I kept hearing that BP will take care of those that dropped membership. Well guess what, I've gotten nothing! Rotating shifts, jailers taking command positions, corny hats, unfair promotions, biased IA's, Morale at an all time low in my 15+ years. I'm tempted to go buy a mower and start my own business.

I'm going to join back up with the FOP. If you talk with the firemen, they're at 99% membership! That shows unity and support for one another. That's why they can dictate what their salary, hours, etc will be. There's power in numbers so it's time to take a stand. At the very least maybe my squad will come and sit down for dinner and a couple of brews once a month at the meeting.

Unregistered

Cool

Finally someone is talking sense. I will be signing up also and telling all my co-workers. I truly believe in numbers we will prevail.

Unregistered
    It's going to take more than just signing up. You're going to have to be active. You're going to have to put your self out there and push back atvthis admin. You will making yourself a target. Don't yhink for a second BP and TR will go down eithout a fight.

Unregistered
    Well I think this is a great topic! I will give it a go and join.

-To the person who posted above me:
    Who said it was going to be easy?
    It would be a lot harder to target someone if we all do it together at once!

Unregistered
    The only thing that's going to change things around here is election. Unless someone dies. Even with an election we'll have to get some get someone worth a shit. That has not happened in a while. Until then I'll join the FOP if for nothing else to slow down the nonsense coming from TR. Just gum up the works.

Unregistered
    I just wanted to bring this back for the Eric Burke Followers out there. I've been pondering the age old question that Eric likes to pose, "What has the FOP ever done for you?" Well, thankfully, I haven't felt the need to be too involved in our union business. I'm happy paying my dues and hoping the day never comes where I don't need to make the phone call. Here's what I can tell you the FOP HAS BEEN DOING for all of us and others while we simply be cops.

I know they have been covering my guys a lot lately in IA's. I've got these rookies doing god knows what, which I fully expect is going to land me in the hot seat someday. When they come to me with defeated puppy dog eyes, I give them Earnie FOP's px knowing that I don't have to worry about the possibly job ending questions that are sure to come.

I know that they have been securing us raises and retaining our benefit the best that they can. We may not be getting as much as others but we're doing better than others within the county. Kudos.

Anyone whose spoken to Jason Russell knows that the FOP did the right thing by him even though it didn't get him his job back. BTW, in case you didn't know, FOP and Jason won arbitration.

Did I mention getting an attorney in a shooting? Even in a shoot that isn't popular. Ask Eric if his coveted legal coverage covers you after the sheriff fires you. That's right, they don't. I know the FOP will cover me through thick and thin.

So, you guys wanting to help Eric get promoted, go ahead and drop the FOP. The funny thing is, this will get Eric nowhere. I'm going to keep the FOP, thank you. Maybe its time we get involved instead of dropping out.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just wanted to bring this back for the Eric Burke Followers out there. I've been pondering the age old question that Eric likes to pose, "What has the FOP ever done for you?" Well, thankfully, I haven't felt the need to be too involved in our union business. I'm happy paying my dues and hoping the day never comes where I don't need to make the phone call. Here's what I can tell you the FOP HAS BEEN DOING for all of us and others while we simply be cops.

I know they have been covering my guys a lot lately in IA's. I've got these rookies doing god knows what, which I fully expect is going to land me in the hot seat someday. When they come to me with defeated puppy dog eyes, I give them Earnie FOP's px knowing that I don't have to worry about the possibly job ending questions that are sure to come.

I know that they have been securing us raises and retaining our benefit the best that they can. We may not be getting as much as others but we're doing better than others within the county. Kudos.

Anyone whose spoken to Jason Russell knows that the FOP did the right thing by him even though it didn't get him his job back. BTW, in case you didn't know, FOP and Jason won arbitration.

Did I mention getting an attorney in a shooting? Even in a shoot that isn't popular. Ask Eric if his coveted legal coverage covers you after the sheriff fires you. That's right, they don't. I know the FOP will cover me through thick and thin.

So, you guys wanting to help Eric get promoted, go ahead and drop the FOP. The funny thing is, this will get Eric nowhere. I'm going to keep the FOP, thank you. Maybe its time we get involved instead of dropping out.
    I agree Eric is a MORON. If he tells you to do anything, try to do the opposite. HOWEVER, I am not impressed with FOP at all. The lodge sucks, nobody goes and they don’t fight for us in negotiations AT ALL. We get what the SO gives us. With our dues money, why doesn’t FOP counter the SO’s “pay studies” and “tax revenue reports”? I don’t agree with dropping unionization, BUT I feel we should drop FOP! There are other options out there. We could switch to IUPA, which is local (HQ is in Sarasota), and they have done ALOT for Sarasota PD, who switched to them. If we get enough on board, I will contact them to discuss steps needed to switch unions. FOP is and has been an utter failure.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree Eric is a MORON. If he tells you to do anything, try to do the opposite. HOWEVER, I am not impressed with FOP at all. The lodge sucks, nobody goes and they don’t fight for us in negotiations AT ALL. We get what the SO gives us. With our dues money, why doesn’t FOP counter the SO’s “pay studies” and “tax revenue reports”? I don’t agree with dropping unionization, BUT I feel we should drop FOP! There are other options out there. We could switch to IUPA, which is local (HQ is in Sarasota), and they have done ALOT for Sarasota PD, who switched to them. If we get enough on board, I will contact them to discuss steps needed to switch unions. FOP is and has been an utter failure.
    <br><br>Umm, yeah.&nbsp; So you believe that the INTERNATIONAL Union of Police Associations is HQ'd in Sarasota?&nbsp; That's nice.&nbsp; Do you know what makes them international dumbass? They're a CANADIAN UNION!&nbsp; Listen, we all saw your post soliciting our interest as the new IUPA representative in the area but this is not the way to do it.&nbsp; It is dishonest and FOP members can see right through your BS.&nbsp; Have a nice day and enjoy your Molson Ice sitting on the beaches of Sarasota sweating your ass off!<br>