Jurisdiction - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jurisdiction

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean the odometer enforcement unit. That is funny. I can't wait to see how this goes no where fast. Sorry this is outta their expertise. MDPD I'm sure fiqured you wanna play police. Knock yourself out. Good luck. This is a decline to prosecute from the start due to lack of investigative know how. should of been turned over to MDPD or city police from the get go.
    I'm sure MDPD didn't want it given the rather tangled nature of the case, especially since one of their own officers is involved. So, BOI/BCII shows up and......well you see what happened. This case should have been FDLE's from the start. They have agents on call 24/7. If the gun really went missing from the TOW YARD (what the **** were they thinking?) then yes, it's going to be a no-file based on lack of evidence.

Unregistered
    Why do you have to be hating on your own co-workers? Have a little pride in your agency. If you think MDPD, FDLE, MPD, or any other agency have make mistakes with investigations, then you are dreaming. What is the Odometer Fraud Unit. Haven't worked an odometer fraud in years. MDPD calls all the time trying to dump them on us. If your going to sit back and judge big shot, then why don't you apply for a specialty position and show us how it is done......

Unregistered
    The reason why FHP is not heading the investigation is simple. You can not fit a shooting on a traffic ticket. Leave triple A with a gun alone.

Road Guy

Devil Dog

Really?? Come on?? Who did all your crime scene and ballistic work? Who and where did you do your interviews? Case numbers or its all BS.
    Interviews were done at the scene no ballistic necessary all evidence was contained in both vehicles. Driver was arrested victim released at the scene. Driver was given two years due to having Ptsd.

Unregistered
    Why do you have to be hating on your own co-workers? Have a little pride in your agency. If you think MDPD, FDLE, MPD, or any other agency have make mistakes with investigations, then you are dreaming. What is the Odometer Fraud Unit. Haven't worked an odometer fraud in years. MDPD calls all the time trying to dump them on us. If your going to sit back and judge big shot, then why don't you apply for a specialty position and show us how it is done......
    It's not about hating one our co-workers or judging anyone. It's about recognizing our limitations. If my identity got stolen I wouldn't want FWC investigating it because white-collar/financial crimes is not what they do. We don't have the resources to fully investigate certain types of crimes. That's the reality of the situation. As a result, we should defer to the experts in those types of cases when they occur. It's just like when a small city asks FHP to work a traffic fatality in their city.

(And....even though I'm not in BCII.....I don't think it takes a genius to realize that you don't tow a vehicle involved in a violent felony to a private tow yard, especially when there might be evidence of said violent felony still inside, and if those are the kinds of calls BCII supervisors are making I'm not sure that's a division I would want to work in)

Unregistered
    It's not about hating one our co-workers or judging anyone. It's about recognizing our limitations. If my identity got stolen I wouldn't want FWC investigating it because white-collar/financial crimes is not what they do. We don't have the resources to fully investigate certain types of crimes. That's the reality of the situation. As a result, we should defer to the experts in those types of cases when they occur. It's just like when a small city asks FHP to work a traffic fatality in their city.

(And....even though I'm not in BCII.....I don't think it takes a genius to realize that you don't tow a vehicle involved in a violent felony to a private tow yard, especially when there might be evidence of said violent felony still inside, and if those are the kinds of calls BCII supervisors are making I'm not sure that's a division I would want to work in)

You act like there is a sign in sheet.... If you don't like it stay where you are at. Plain and simple. Every specialty section in FHP has made mistakes. It happens.

Unregistered
    You act like there is a sign in sheet.... If you don't like it stay where you are at. Plain and simple. Every specialty section in FHP has made mistakes. It happens.
    There's a difference between "mistakes" and "incompetence" A mistake is something unintentional. Someone made an intentional decision to tow that vehicle to a private tow yard. Someone made a decision not to obtain and execute a search warrant that night on the car. Those are intentional decisions made most likely by someone who has either zero or very little experience with violent crime. It's the same concept of smaller cities or counties with no THI program turning over traffic fatality cases to FHP.....because we have the training and experience to work them and if necessary, present a case to the State Attorney for prosecution.

Unregistered
    There's a difference between "mistakes" and "incompetence" A mistake is something unintentional. Someone made an intentional decision to tow that vehicle to a private tow yard. Someone made a decision not to obtain and execute a search warrant that night on the car. Those are intentional decisions made most likely by someone who has either zero or very little experience with violent crime. It's the same concept of smaller cities or counties with no THI program turning over traffic fatality cases to FHP.....because we have the training and experience to work them and if necessary, present a case to the State Attorney for prosecution.
    OK. That's a fair argument. I see your point.

Unregistered

Smile

OK. That's a fair argument. I see your point.
    Thank you. Every once in a while this site can foster civil discussion!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123